“Worth a try”
Review of Anna-Loka

Anna-Loka
Ranked #38 of 1 415 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Description: 100 % Vegan restaurant British & Middle eastern flavours fusion meals. Organic green Juice & Smoothies bar Passionate and talented chefs. Vegan cuisine made with heart. Children friendly (high chairs and toys) Groups of 10 or more with pre -order (please email us for details) Kitchen and juice bar close 9:00 pm Monday /Friday 5:00 on Sunday No alcohol for sale £2.50 corkage per person if you bring yours Garden Catering for weddings
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Even if you’re not a vegan, this place is worth trying. The food is cooked beautifully and is very imaginative. I was so surprised by the garlic mayo dip - probably the best I have ever tried. Like, ever! Had a great smoothie too. Looked disgusting but tasted incredible! It’s decorated nicely and the staff were all friendly. I’m not vegan but I’d definitely go again just for the garlic mayo. Oh, and the cheesecake!!! That cheesecake was amazing! Took some home and ate it later on that evening. May go back just to pick up some more to take away.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Really enjoyed my food here. It was a little expensive and the scrambled tofu could've done with a bit more flavour but it was still very nice and I would go back there. I brought my sisters with me as well, neither are vegan, and they both also really enjoyed their food.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Been here with a friend as he is vegan.
Wow did this place take me by surprise.
Vegan burgers, yes you heard it right, are just mouth watering.
Service was excellent and menu had a lot to choose from.
Will defiantly be returning!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous impromptu visit. Weather was perfect so we were able to sit outside. I came with two friends (both meat eaters, I’m a veggie) and we could not get enough of the gorgeous burgers! The garlic mayo was an absolute highlight. It was lovely to finish a huge burger without feeling greasy and disgusting. Proper good food, and student discount is a bonus! We’ll definitely be returning.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Anna-Loka is cool and it knows it! With it's impressive chipped stone Krishna walls and industrial design it certainly screams industrial chic. The atmosphere is young and that's reflected in the friendly young staff and environment. It offers a purely vegan menu with some impressive dishes.
However despite appearing to be aimed at a younger / studenty crowd the meals are a little on the expensive side. They also rely a little heavily on spice / chilli which personally I find unpleasant. Consequently a Sunday nut roast option came with a lot of chilli and an almost curry like gravy. I personally didn't like it and wouldn't have ordered it had it been described as spicy on the menu. I also had a smoothie with dates and beetroot which was delicious.