“Overpriced, poor quality, badly cooked fish and chips!”

Fintans Fish & Chip Co
Ranked #935 of 1 352 Restaurants in Cardiff
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the Llanishen branch, Monday Jun 25th. I ordered the Fish Supper £6.95 - with gluten free batter - the fish was disgusting, badly cooked, tough and could be used as a replacement ‘sole’ (!!) for a shoe!
Tiny portion.
Soggy, badly cooked chips.
Service was slow and disorganised.
An APPALLING EXPERIENCE!
AVOID!

2  Thank Simon H

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I ordered breast of chicken jumbo sausage in batter . .both realy nice really enjoyed them . However the big let down was the Chips!!!! .. bloody awful worst chips I've ever tasted .. under cooked is an understatement. Only reason I didn't go back and ask for a refund is .. I wasn't in a good mood and I would have been very rude .. and that's putting it politely..

3  Thank NOAH6980
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

First of all my experience at the shop was not brilliant. There was a girl with long red hair, in a ponytail, but no net or hat, swishing her hair around all over the place whilst dealing with the food in the display cabinets. I spoke to the cashier, who was lovely but obviously did not have any clout, and she said she would have a word. Cue lots of eyeballing by Ms Flicky. Waiting for meal and she reappeared, again no headgear (which I thought was necessary due to legislation); I asked to speak with the manager who advised she would deal with it and offered two cans of drink as recompense, “no thanks”! Again, more eyeballing, to which I advised the manager she could cut that out.
Now, the food, OMG the food. I ordered 8 pieces of scampi for £4.10; I think they came from FarmFoods. One of the pieces was the size of my thumbnail and only one piece was the size I would class as a Scampi. All were overlooked and chewy, not nice. The bag of slimy, greasy squashed together slab of potato, I presume was the chips - it was disgusting, and I say it because no one chip was discernible from the other, even when you tried to separate them.
I am a great supporter of local business and try to support it in any way I can; this, however, was beyond the pale in terms of cleanliness, quality and price.
I will not be returning.

6  Thank k4thy
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Once again, after not visiting Finntans Whitchurch for quite some time due to a disappointing take away (Scampi and Cod . ) today’s mince beef pie was brown ( over done ?) of poor quality and our chips in edible . ☹️

2  Thank Deb L
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Just had the misfortune to have wasted my money on a small piece of fish coated in a thick stodgy doughy soggy batter, a this was accompanied by a bag of barely luke warm chips. Staff disorganised. Disappointed as I was expecting so much better.

2  Thank Chippo