“Enjoyable First Visit”

Ranked #50 of 1 359 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: San Martino will be sure to bring a true authentic Italian dining experience like no other. The restaurant will evoke feelings of long lazy days spent on the coast of Italy as you gaze out over the terrace and admire the picturesque views of Cardiff bay. The kitchen creates authentic Italian recipes to fill up San Martino's menu. Devised and cooked by Italian chefs using the freshest ingredients, to produce the finest Italian dishes the city has to offer. There is much more to San Martino than meets the eye, as it boasts three uniquely designed private dining suites that are hidden behind the scenes. Bring your guests along and let San Martino's ambience, decor and food do the rest.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Efficient and pleasant Service.
Varied Menu; was pleased with my Choices.
Very enjoyable couldn't fault it.
Will call again with the Family next time...

PRDept, Public Relations Manager at San Martino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We are thrilled your enjoyed all aspects of your first visit to us and look forward to your return with the whole family!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

A change from our usual fish and chips or stake and kidney pie, we opted for Italian food here in Cardiff Bay. Gnocchi to start, then spaghetti carbonaro, both of which were very good. Service was excellent; we were there a bit early, so had our choice of tables on the upper terrace and enjoyed the late afternoon sunshine.

PRDept, Public Relations Manager at San Martino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thanks for making a change and choosing to dine with us recently, we are glad you manager to get a table on the terrace and enjoy the beautiful sunshine! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Sailed on Princess Katharine @ 330 from Bute Park to the Bay on a hot, sunny afternoon. Picked up a leaflet onboard which offered free drink with either the set menu of £12:50 or al a carte @ San Martino. I hadn't been to the restaurant before but had been to the premises when it was called "Garcon!" I managed to find a corner on the right-hand side of the terrace & watched the world go by. I had gnocchi for starters & trout with potatoes for mains. Gnocchi was more colour than flavour (not enough sweet potato & walnut for my liking) but kept me going until mains arrived. Mains was very light but I needed nothing heavier on a hot afternoon. The trout was fine & the potatoes were very good but, oh my goodness, the carrot alone was worth £12:50!!! Fabulous. The free glass of wine was also good - but it was just an aperitif before I began eating. Personally, I prefer not to mix wine with food so I was very happy with free litre carafe of tap water during the meal. The fading flowers in the window boxes & lawn on the terrace were all plastic but the food was very good value. I managed to redeem my boat leaflet between allocated meal times. The staff did not ask for proof of purchase from the boat's ticket. I wonder if it's possible to keep leaflet & redeem on a day when passengers haven't sailed? (Which might happen if you sail from the Bay back to Bute Park?) T&C's apply so it's best to check: for example, free drink might not be available on Mothering Sunday. The staff were very good & I didn't get charged for service. Loo was also good but liquid soap dispenser was stuck so I had to unscrew bottle from wall holder. I then managed to squirt hand lotion over my top - so beware! I will definitely return to San Martino.

1  Thank Tracey J

Hi Tracey and thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Its lovely to hear that you enjoyed dining on our balcony on a hot day while watching the world go by. We are pleased that you enjoyed the meal, especially the fabulous carrot, and hope you pop in again to visit us soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Excellent restaurant, lovely food and attentive staff. The views was beautiful on the upper level. It was clean and I will go back again .

PRDept, Public Relations Manager at San Martino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi there and thank you for the kind review, it is lovely to hear you enjoyed your visit so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We visited San Martino a few Saturdays ago when we visited Cardiff Bay with our friends for a weekend away. What a fabulous choice we made, great service and fabulous food, we had a wonderful evening. Thank you

Thank you Karen, that is great to hear. We look forward to welcoming you all again on your next Cardiff Bay visit.