“Still pricey but still oh so nice,”
Review of Pieminister

Pieminister
Ranked #151 of 1 384 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the city on St. Mary Street, we’re the place to go for award-winning pies in Cardiff. With a wide range of pies to choose from (we’ve got our classic, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan pies!) we really do have something for everyone. And for the side? We’ve got that covered too. From the traditional mash, peas and gravy to our loaded fries, indulgent mac ‘n’ cheese and zesty slaw, you certainly won’t go hungry. But don’t forget dessert – give our delicious soft serve sundaes a try: chocolatey, fruity, and something adventurous, we’ve got the lot. Looking for something for the weekend? Be sure to book in for our Sunday Best – it’s everything we love about pies and roasts, united as one almighty mega-feast. Whether you're working, shopping or visiting the iconic Welsh capital, it’s a quick delicious lunch-stop or evening treat, or why not make a night of it, with great music to go with our well-stocked bar of craft beers, ciders and happy hour cocktails.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

You gotta love this place. Food's not hugely varied but the pies are truly scrumptious. Down the hatch with an ice cold coke in this weather & there's nothing better. A decent pie platter is £9.50,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Everyone at our table loved the dinner pies at this place— these are similar to what Americans used to call “pot pies” — except me; I didn’t need any more dough today, so I got a Nemo seafood skillet. It was great! The waiter here was especially friendly.

1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here for a pre concert meal, my partner ordered the vegan pie “Kevin” with fries and vegan gravy. All beautifully cooked and tasted delicious. I had a bowl of fries and they were lovely. Great to have a good vegan option

1  Thank SpursAsh
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Came here with my mum before the Ed Sheeran concert. I've had pieminister pies before and always liked them.

The service and food here was really good and Natalia was extremely friendly. Would highly recommend a visit here.
Vanilla custard on the puddings was top class!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I ordered the chicken of Aragon and it was very good. I got to try my friend’s goats cheese and spinach pie and the pie called Hurricane which were both great. Great place and lovely staff. And we had the ice cream with pork scratching and apple sauce which was lovely too!
Would definitely go again!