“Excellent - again!”

Zizzi Cardiff St David's
Ranked #264 of 1 391 Restaurants in Cardiff
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Whenever we visit here for lunch we receive the same high standard of service - friendly, welcoming yet professional. The food is equally as good as the service and excellent value for money. Excellent house red wine too.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

What a wonderful place to celebrate our 47th Anniversary. Very friendly and welcoming staff,especially Nick, who was our waiter. The food was delicious and well presented, the Bruschetta starter with mozzarella was scrumptious.Great choice of food and deserts. Service was first class.This branch of Zizzi is a credit to the Group.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Ate at Zizzi’s tonight with two colleagues. Have I ever met friendlier staff at a restaurant? Not that I can think of :-) Service was really quick. My lasagna was nice, but I will definitely go for the order next time - they are huge and look delicious.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Just had a great day in Cardiff with Mum, with super meal in Zizzi's in St David's Centre :-)
Rang night before to ascertain best day-time period to dine and advice, warmth, professional and friendliness of staff was great. The starters of soup and Avicci (I think) with mains of Sea bass and Seafood Rissotto, was accompanied by Montepulciano D'Abruzzo red wine and Zinfandel Rosė.
Deserts of lemon and strawberry and blackcurrant and marscapone cheese cheese cakes. Lovely set out too.
A must :-)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I ate at Zizzi with my wife and some friends on the day the Rolling Stones were in town to play at the Principality Stadium. Now, I know they are a big band, but I wasn't aware that they held such influence as to stop restaurants from allowing customers to redeem vouchers that would ordinarily be entirely valid. But that is precisely what happened to us. We were informed that our O2 Priorities codes for the bank breaking sum of a bowl of olives and two glasses of prosecco (okay, we did have TWO codes, so doubling up may have bankrupted them....) would not be redeemed because " The Stones are playing."

Excuse me?

"The Stones are playing."

Did you say playing, or PAYING?

"Sorry, but it's policy. You can ask the manageress"

No thanks. I'm here with friends to enjoy a spot of pre gig lunch, not kick off with some jobsworth over a couple of glasses of overpriced fizz.

As it happens, the food and service were both fine, which is just as well, as I won't be returning to any of Zizzi's outlets to redeem vouchers (or not) any time soon.