“Disappointed ”

Zizzi Cardiff St David's
Ranked #281 of 1 359 Restaurants in Cardiff
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Typical large chain mush. Platter was tiny and food cold. Plates cold. World’s smallest risotto. McZizzi.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Genuinely don’t do reviews but after visiting this place for the first time I’d feel bad not to share my experience. The food was incredibly tasty and I wish I had the recipe! Cristina sat us too our table and was so friendly and professional it made me and my partner very comfortable immediately. We were served by Daniel who was polite and extremely accurate and looked after us for the whole night. I couldn’t recommend this place anymore! We will be back!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had dinner in Zizzi's on our trip to Cardiff, gorgeous restaurant. Our waiter Adam was so friendly and great at recommending food and drinks, really knew his stuff, our meal was delicious. Beautiful restaurant in a great location.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I went to Zizzi on the day Wales played Scotland at rugby, so most resturants in Cardiff were busy - but I got a table here.

Initially service was quick and order taken promptly. However after asking for the chicken skewers I was informed they were not available. So I ordered the slow cooked lamb.

Starter was some bread and dips which were extremely moorish. Once finished my plate was taken quickly and the lamb was brought.

The potatoes were over done - way to crispy to eat. The lamb, it was certainly not slow cooked. To cut the 1st piece I had to use a sawing action with the knife. Proper, slow cooked lamb should fall apart at the touch of a fork. The 1st peice just about had some heat but was extremely chewy so I cut the next part from the centre of the meat - It was cold and raw.

I signalled for the waiter and told her the problem. I was asked if I wanted it reheated!!!! I refused and said I wanted something else. Just at that the Manager appeared to confirm that I had changed my mind. I reiterated that I did not change my mind, but in fact returned due to the under cooked/cold meat. At this time she informed me that she herself had checked the meat with a temp gauge and it fine - however mins later it was cold and undercooked.

Mistakes happen every day and in most cases it is not the mistake but how it is handled. Dont compound the problem by lying - this dish could not possibly have been checked.

So I reordered the spag bol - not really one that I enjoy but this was average. The bol was gloopy and thick, not how a bol sauce should be. Once finished I paid my bill and left.

As I was seated quite near the kitchen I could here staff being informed that the lamb was off and someone, I think it was the manager, yelling " how the f*** did this happen".

Again not good for customer service to hear all of this going on

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Every time I come here it blows me away, great friendly service and food to die for. Lots of options and family friendly but be quick the restaurant fill up quick.