“Wonderful views”

Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Caerphilly
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My gps took me over this route and what a magnificent surprise it was.
Phenomenal views, sheep grazing alongside the road.
A lovely experience.

"black cock"
"dog walking"
"cardiff city"
in 3 reviews
"popular with dog walkers"
"nice walk"
"plenty of parking"
in 6 reviews
"easy parking"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time at Caerphilly Mountain. We decided to walk across the Common first with my 11yr old son. A dog walking couple's unleashed dog (big dog) ran over to us and then jumped over me and my son. The owner called the dog back but it had scratched both me and my son and dirtied our clothes. The couple just walked off and never even said sorry. I shouted after them they but they just turned and walked off. There are allot of children walking around and this dog is obviously not trained with idiotic owners. Totally ruined a nice walk as such I doubt we will return. If your dog jumps on people please keep it leashed as allot of adults and children are scared of dogs.

2  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were rewarded with a beautiful clear day so we decided to take the chance to walk up the mountain. It is a reasonable easy walk if you have a base fitness level. On reaching the top the view was amazing we just sat and looked in every direction just beautiful.

1  Thank dirty66
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Just outside Cardiff,stunning views,and there is really good food place at the base well worth a visit people !

1  Thank Anthony A
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Popular with both walkers and dog walkers, great views and a snack bar at the car park. We walked around a loop which took about half hour and as it was quite busy came away.
If you want a quite walk pick a school day, if you want to tire out the kids get them to race to the top, by the time you get there point out you meant the other summit which is about 400m away down a dip and up again.
Great if it’s sunny and wet if it’s raining, but it’s fresh, outdoors and in Wales!

2  Thank Goodfoodlover60