Royal Oak Hotel
Ty Gwyn Hotel(Betws-y-Coed)
Swallow Falls Hotel(Betws-y-Coed)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Bryn Tyrch Inn(Capel Curig)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe grillstables barstables lodgesunday lunchlovely hotelsuperior roommain restaurantlambfish and chipshotel restaurantate herenorth walesan evening mealone night stayboth nightscouldn't faultlovely room
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Called in for Sunday lunch and wasn't disappointed. The place is stunning and the food was absolutely Lovely. We had the Sunday roast sharing platter and it looked as good as it tasted.. staff very welcoming and made us feel relaxed. Considering the place was very busy as i imagine it always is the food did not suffer at all.
Would definitely recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely room brilliant clean fantastic bathroom I can’t compare whit my last hotel in Betws-y-Coed, same price x 1000 conditions we are very happy with this choice.
We highly recommend this hotel simply FANTASTIC

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Payment was a little tricky due to poor connection with the card machine, but was dealt with very well. Food was absolutely amazing. Perfectly cooked, and full of flavour. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Very comfortable and clean room. Traditional and very welcoming hotel overall. Fabulous location.

I can't say that I didn't like it, but the stairs and some floor boards are quite creaky, which could disrupt other guests in rooms near them. But I suppose it gives more character to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked for a little one night break here as we have visited many times for the day and we travelled by train, we got to the hotel just after mid day and the reception said "your too early to book in" we knew that and just wanted to put our bags there, anyway we did that. We went back later and were given vague directions to our room which was outside of the main hotel, there is no reception so we had to find the room our selves and there were a few workmen about as the place is being decorated nice smell of paint if you like it. Room was very nice and clean but t.v. is tiny (just being picky) We had booked to ear at the grill room which is a lovely restaurant, I ordered one of the specials which was a duo of duck but only the breast of duck came on the plate, I enquired about it and the waitress who was very good took it back and came back saying i was right and the chef was re-plating my meal, it came back and then unfortunately the potatoes tasted of soap, I was offered a different meal but said it was fine. We were not charged for my meal and my partner enjoyed his pork. The puddings were delicious. My one comment about the hotel is when you do not get the room till 3pm and have to be out by 10.30am I was a bit annoyed when the cleaners came knocking at 8.30am and again at 9am. Location is fab and like I said even though some things went wrong it was still enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We went for an overnight break on our wedding anniversary.Nice and relaxing,nice place,nice room nice food.What was outstanding was the friendliness and helpfulness of some of the staff.In the Grill Bar we admirably looked after by Marie,which was much appreciated as my wife is Gluten intolerant.The girls on reception were fabulous and as the Face of the hotel are a credit to the business.We have had over 30 years experience in the Hospitality and catering field it was good to see such relaxed, friendly professionalism.As members of a team,Victoria and Lucy are brilliant at their jobs.This review may embarrass them a bit,but I don't mind because it's not me being embarrassed.We hope to stay there again at the first opportunity.