“What great service and food”

Market Street Fish Shop
Ranked #62 of 111 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My partner and i called here on our way through from Tywyn to Cornwall we had never been here before and were very impressed how quickly we were served it was great and the food was wonderful i had battered jumbo sausage and chips and my partner had fish and chips ,the food was so tasty ,hot and not at all greasy ,our portions were huge too ,great value for money and good friendly service .

grahame c, Manager at Market Street Fish Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Soggy chips and greasy tasteless fish but quite a big portion.
Expected more from a generally busy establishment.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your fish and chips and we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Just love this chip shop you get a choice of small or large fish and the large fish is huge. The food across the board here is top quality

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I always have a takeaway and have never had an issue until the other week when I was given fish without the chips! (as you do). We don't live far so walked back to say no chips, the young girl that served me was adamant that I gave her the wrong order and insisted on arguing with me in front of everyone saying that it was my mistake, I told her I wasn't going to argue with her and the manager helpfully provided me with the chips free of charge. I would give the manager all the credit but they should definitely put that server on a customer service course.

grahame c, Manager at Market Street Fish Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Thank you for your comments first i would like apologise that this incident occurred, the staff member should have just apologised and rectified her mistake, but this was not the case and i had to intervene. I have spoken to the girl involved and she is annoyed at her self for acting in the way she did with you. I can assure you that this will never be the case again and i will be doing a lot more with my team in regards to customer service.
Once again thank you for your comments and i hope we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The food is a good standard but the staff seem as though they are doing you a favour by taking your order?? They are quite rude. I have been here before and thought it was ok and left a good review but this is the last time now. We visited a few months ago too and were told they could not open the extra seating downstairs? but they were full upstairs? We went in this time seeing as downstairs was actually open but will not return as customer service is poor!