The Angel(Abergavenny)
The Bridge Inn(Llanfoist)
  • Restaurant
Celyn Farm(Abergavenny)
Cherryberry Lodges(Abergavenny)
All reviewscontinental breakfastsister hotelboiled eggscoffee machinefresh fruitegg boilerlovely hotelsmall hotelwalking tripcocktail barand flat screen tvboil your ownkey card entryhotel makestown centrewell stocked barsmall parking area
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

A really friendly and welcoming gent serving at the bar welcomed us as we came into the bar. We called just for drinks on our walk from the railway station to town. Great service while we relaxed on the sofas and read the papers. Drinks fairly expensive but not crazy - £8.40 for 2 pints. Such nice decor and a feeling of class.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JP070766
Charlotte G, Owner at Abergavenny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed friendly and welcoming guest service.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel but I do not feel it warrants the £245 price tag we paid for two nights. Breakfast is included, but only continental meats and cereals toast etc, no hot option available. (I.e. Fried breakfast etc)

I have stayed in various qualities of hotels and various price ranges, and if I pay +£100 a night I expect something a little extra special, whether that be in the service or venue.

There is on site free parking, which these days in the hotel industry is a luxury. The hotel is very well done out downstairs, but the room was just as standard as a premier inn which I would pay £50 a night for.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

it is disappointing to read you felt £245 was too much for your room and a continental breakfast for 2 nights. You stayed in a studio room, however our classic rooms are a less expensive option.

The Abergavenny Hotel is a basic hotel and does not reflect itself any differently on the website. Our sister property, The Angel offers a full English breakfast at an additional charge which is a short walk up the road. We have been told by many of our guests we offer exceptional and friendly service; I am sorry if you felt you didn't experience this level of service.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Visited The Abergavenny Hotel to sample a few cocktails, we did not do B+B. First of all the decor is gorgeous, welcoming and stylish. Beautiful lighting and facilities, you can tell that a lot of money has been thrown at this establishment. We ordered 2 cocktails and 1 beer and kissed goodbye to nearly £20.00 so yes we did have expectations. My cocktail made from gin, gingerbeer and elderflower (£7.00) and when it was placed before me I was so disappointed that it was in an ordinary plain glass, a few ice cubes, a slice of lime and a black straw. It looked like a glass of tap water!! They then told us that they could not make the mojito we ordered because they did not have any mint!! Hilarious that a cocktail bar does not have any mint at 7.00pm on a Friday night and makes cocktails that look so boring whilst robbing you of £20.00. The management should be aware of this. We won't be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Whynot1966
Charlotte G, Owner at Abergavenny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

You ordered the Twisted Tokyo which is one of our popular cocktails (inclusive of Gin and elderflower) and has always been served in a high ball glass.

Unfortunately earlier in the day, the supermarket was out of fresh mint. We all know a Mojito is not the same without fresh mint and we are not keen to make a substandard cocktail.

I am sorry to read we did not meet your expectations, however it would have helpful to have known of your disappointments on the night.

I hope this has not marred your impression of the Abergavenny Hotel and we can welcome you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 March 2017

A big thank you to the staff of Abergavenny Hotel for looking after my mother so well when she stayed two nights there earlier this month. They did everything possible to make her stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. She also commented how comfortable the bed was.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Charlotte G, Owner at Abergavenny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to pass on your thanks to the hotel team.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed one nights stay here. Very comfortable and clean room. Breakfast great too - the croissants and fresh orange juice were especially good.

Very attentive staff.

Hotel is situated a short walk away from the railway station and town itself so very convenient.

Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Charlotte G, Owner at Abergavenny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed 2 nights with us and the room was clean and comfortable. It is a further pleasure you found breakfast great and the staff attentive.