“Just like any other”

Coffee#1 Abergavenny
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Award-winning coffee, cakes and pastries for breakfast, lunch and tea. Comfy sofas, beautiful interiors and cosy corners that you can hide away in for a quiet half an hour are as important to us as the cake we serve and the service we give. Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed 24 October 2015

The same as most of the Coffee #1's I have been in. Been here a few times and you can normally find a seat. Not much of a choice in speciality teas, but they do an earl grey which is nice. Plenty of range of coffees though. I had a toasted tea cake here which was massive, although part of it was rather dark. The hot chocolates are nice here as well.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Good hearty lunch delightful staff, just the one visit but most enjoyable.A family affair or so it seemed.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

A little shop, but nice inside and really friendly staff. Really nice coffee and cakes as well; usually at least one Gluten and Dairy free option.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Lovely little cafe good coffee,big tea cakes scrumptious cakes it's a very small cafe we usually go upstairs,only thing is not disable friendly toilet up two flights of stairs

Reviewed 16 August 2015

I'm going to be blunt. Having spent 6 hours in the Brecon Beacons earlier in the day, I returned to Wilts via Abergavveny to grab some much need lunch.

I've been to Coffee#1 before in various places, and in the pursuit of some thing of quality, decide I'd make the effort to go to its Abergavenny store.

So I went in, and despite there only being a que of 1, the two women staff didn't think it was important to acknowledge, despite taking ages serving the person 2 in front of me. They just riding seem remotely interested.

I waited, had my eye on about £12 worth of goods...

Anyway, I gave up, instead going to Greggs the bakers just down the road, where they were offering sausage rolls for 50p each.

Coffee1 need to take a leaf out of greets customer service. By comparison, Greggs was excellent.

I was hugely disappointed and irritated by the non existent attitude of coffee1 staff. I won't be returning.