“Lovely lunch 🥗 ”

Waitrose
Ranked #52 of 106 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Had a quick lunch with colleagues to make a change from sandwiches. And it was great! I had a fish finger wrap and salad, my colleagues had fish cakes. The food was really tasty and high quality. I’ll definitely be back while I’m down here. Highly recommended for a quick meal.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

As one would expect, the quality of food and snacks is good. The space is limited and gets very busy.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I was hoping for a meal, I had ordered a latte and asked for a gluten free main and was told I couldn't have one but that it was OK for me to go out and buy something from the shop and "eat it in". Oh but my friends would have finished their meals and my coffee would be cold... Would they heat - that meal up? NO!

We left and ate elsewhere....

I spoke to head office and asked for gluten free to be offered and was told...NO. So I suggested a microwave to heat our meals purchased in store and was told...NO! I don't see why a microwave is not an expensive item, it would take up little space AND the meal could remain in its film with no chance of contamination!!!

Waitrose are ONKLY offering VERY sweet rather unpleasant sugary things if you are gluten free, I know , I tried them....

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This fish cake was served with a tartare sauce. The salad was minus any dressing.
Chips were minus sauce. So I had to return to the server to ask for dressing and sauce.
It wasn't available where you collect cutlery. I must say it annoys me because I love HOT food. If you have to queue to ask for them and then wait for the condiments to be delivered, guess what your food is cooling off fast.
Why can't these places think through. Would they eat dry lettuce, tomatoes and peppers?
Of course not. So Waitress you need to improve your cafe until it is seamless. Or you will have grumpy customers. :(((

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

As Waitrose supermarkets go this one is no different . It's always busy and has a great wine and alcohol selection .
Their facility to carry the scanner and scan the items one wants is helpful
There's a petrol pump too