“Dog friendly”

Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe/Bistro
Reviewed 5 April 2017

What a great cafe! We had our dog Archie with us and just happened on the Trading Post by accident. Dogs are welcome inside, and he was even offered some dog biscuits. For us humans, we had a lovely pot of tea, toasted tea cake and a wonderful gluten free macaroon with chocolate ganache which was home made and absolutely delicious. We'll definitely be back!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank LAThomas2017

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

If you find yourself in Abergavenny and want a nice, sunny little spot to sit and watch the world go by then this little cafe on a pedestrianised street is the place to come. Tea for two is just £2.80! Great value and waitress service too.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank alwaysonthemove62
Reviewed 17 March 2017

WOW What A Fantastic Choice This Was ! Beautiful Interia Lots To Look At and The Staff---Well What Can I Say The Lady Who Served Us Was Brilliant and So Knowledgable About The Area. The Food ? Absolutely Brilliant---In Fact It Was The First Meal Out That My Friend Actually Finished ! I Had Salmon and Cottage Cheese Sandwich On Brown With Side Salad and My Friend Had Soup Of The Day With Crusty Bread---LUSH

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank stephens8522016
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch on a wet Saturday afternoon. It looked to be a very nice cafe. I ordered the Welsh rarebit which was described as having a mixture of cheese with either onion or bacon. I asked if it was definitely vegetarian and she said yes. Half way through eating it I came across bacon to my horror. I haven't eaten meat for 20 odd years so was quite upset. Obviously I didn't finish the meal and when we told the waitress we got a quick sorry but no me too. Of a refund or anything. Regardless of anything else I would never come back. No respect for vegetarians!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Visited again today always get a Warm welcome. Tried one of Jane's home made scones, highly recommended, top marks.

Date of visit: February 2017