All reviews live music lovely old building four poster bed wonky floors the pub excellent food saturday night function room until midnight ate here a real gem old coaching inn beef food festival great atmosphere welsh breakfast room was spotless
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This 16th century inn is a delight. The hotel is very popular. We stayed from Friday to Monday over a VERY hot weekend. The staff at the hotel did everything to make our stay enjoyable, including putting a fan in our room for our comfort. The breakfasts were cooked to perfection. During our three night stay there was a cycle race which started and finished in front of the hotel, a wedding reception on Saturday and live music in the bar on Sunday. It was also the place where everyone seemed to meet and we could see why. Wonderful!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Just looking for a place for a pint and was recommended this. Not disappointed. Good beers inc cask, friendly team and good vibe. Dog friendly - think so but better check. Great time sitting out on the street with what seemed like the rest of the population on a sunny friday evening. Oh Yes.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights. Excellent service from start to finish. This is an old coaching Inn so the whole place has a lovely querky feel about it. We ate in the restaurant, and our meals were superb. Rooms spotlessly clean. Staff friendly and professional. We will definitely be back. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I live in Abergavenny and have used this pub on several occasions.However I wanted to relax with a small beer before collecting my daughter and felt the king's arms to be the place to do this .however on approaching the bar I was ignored by the barman whilst he was messing around with another customer.there was acknowledgement of me waiting to be served and I became very anxious and decided to leave after speaking of my deep disappointment to the manager. I would certainly hesitate in suggesting to my friends and family on their again.i certainly wouldn't return

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank ptjmercer53
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Family dinner. Good choice of traditional cuisine presented with a modern twist. Excellent and friendly service Good choice of beveridge again served in a cosy traditional pleasant atmosphere Hotel centrally located with easy access to the town, limited rooms available, good parking spaces across the road.

Stayed: June 2018