“Favorite place to visit for a coffee”
Review of The Coffee Pot

The Coffee Pot
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Abergavenny
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Description: A friendly family run Cafe with homemade cakes and food
Description: A friendly family run Cafe with homemade cakes and food
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

the coffee pot is spotless food and cakes are amazing
Spotless and the garden is really pleasant to sit and drink your coffee and bacon sanwhich which Duke our white gsd loves thanks Brian Laura Richard and Paul and staff do an amazing job here and are always friendly it's a joy to come visit xx

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Lovely coffee shop which I visit most days with a friend very friendly staff and and beautiful bit of poached egg on toast. Its definitely my favourite coffee shop in town. A must visit if your passing.

1  Thank HardwickFarm
Reviewed 16 July 2016

I'm a bit of a cake lover. I think that, good cake (and a good cup of tea) is one of the things I always tend to seek out wherever I in the country (and the world probably). Sadly, actual good cake is rare, with most places offering pre-made, pre-mixed, pre-baked stuff that ends up being bland, expensive and (the worst crime) dry!

I live near Abergavenny and can safely say I've tried all of the 30 plus places you can get coffee and cake around here. Some I've reviewed on here and some I've not bothered to. The Coffee Pot is in the same venue as a place that was called Hoffi Coffi but is not the same place, nor the same people.

The owner, Brian and his partner Laura run the place with Richard and Paul as the ever present staff. I regularly take my dear old mum here and, to be honest, she now refuses to go anywhere else!

The staff are friendly, funny and take the time to chat, the coffee, tea and other drinks are top notch, now to the food...

The bacon sandwiches are enormous and great value, the baguettes and toasties very generous and always great tasting

And saving the best til last, the cakes! Laura makes all the cakes herself, I have pretty much tried every one of them and can, with my hand on my heart, state that they are the best in the town and probably the county. She makes a Ferrero Roche cake that is the lightest, tastiest thing on earth. Her strawberry and raspberry crumble is amazing and her bread and butter pudding, which I tried under sufferance as I don't like bread and butter pudding, was so good I could easily have scoffed the whole batch. Everything she's baked that I've tried has been truly splendid.

She is British Bake Off standard and you will miss this place at your peril...unless of course you enjoy sub-standard cake in a place with bored looking staff in which case, this isn't the place for you....which leaves more cake for me!!!!