“Goytre Wharf - 'The Hummingbird Cafe'”
Review of Goytre Wharf Cafe

Goytre Wharf Cafe
Ranked #58 of 106 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Visited the Goytre Wharf New Years Day 2018 for the first time. Popped in the café and purchased cake and tea/coffee. Hummingbird cake was delicious (banana, pineapple and pecan), although my husband thought it a bit sweet, he still ate it all! New management at the café, took it over from 29th Dec17, the staff were friendly. Café was clean, toilets too.
Will visit again now we've discovered it.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Visited the cafe last week and the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful! Ordered a burger and fish and chips and it was superb!! The two women working were lovely, will definitely be visiting again!! Very nice atmosphere!

1  Thank JulieGriff510
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We visited today and got there at 10am, the time the cafe opens. We ordered 2 hot drinks and 1 milkshake, the milkshake was a rip off for £2 which consisted of a dash of crusher and some milk. During the time in the cafe my daughter visited the toilet and came back to say it was dirty and there was no toilet seat!, I went to check and she was correct. My husband them decided to use the toilets and when he entered he tough better of it. The toilet again had no seat and to say the condition of it was filthy is an understatement. As we left we then informed the staff who answered by saying, we weren't' working yesterday, what the relevance was of that I do not know. Surely whoever is working there on the day has some responsibility of the cleanliness. It's not as if they were busy, we were the only people in there and part of the time we were there, one member of staff just. Sat on the counter where the sugars are swinging her legs. The cafe needs a huge shake up in the cleanliness and professionalism if they want return customers, it was absolutely appalling and we will not be returning in a hurry. It's such a shame as Goytre wharf is a lovely setting and attraction, its such a shame when things like this let it down.

6  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Only had a snack of sausage sandwiches but I should have realised that they wouldn't be the best quality, can't honestly speak for the rest of the food but the staff were very friendly - noticed that the decaf coffee was from a tin of instant so opted for a decent cup of tea instead - if you are in the area I would still give it a try and the ice creams looked lovely although I didn't have one of those.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I love canal walks - and the Brecon canal is a favourite - so on this slightly drizzly day we decided to park South of Abergavenny and walk to the Goytre Wharf which is advertised as having a cafe. By the time we got there we were really ready for a cuppa and a snack - but despite it being the day after the August Bank Holiday (and despite having an OPEN sign up) it was firmly closed. Even the toilets were locked up. SO disappointing for us and for the walkers, family groups and boaters we saw. The last time I was there is was closed but that was an Autumn weekday so I understood - but during the high season? In Bank Holiday week?? When we got home I checked the website - which gives no opening hours - just tells you to look on Facebook, but there was no message on Facebook.

2  Thank ClareLlewellyn