“Perfect family get away”
other travellers have booked this property
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door
Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Have the beds linked for Super-king
OR twin bedded bedroom overlooking garden and meadow
Very well equipped kitchen including fridge, dish-washer, microwave and clothes wash/dry machine
Dine out on Doleos patio and admire the views
View from the meadow gate towards the coast and you can also see the distant Cambrian Mountains
Really comfy sofa-bed in the lounge if needed and pre-booked
Plenty of books and brochures
Private parking directly by Derwen Cottage
View the glorious surrounding countryside from the meadow
distant views of open countryside from the meadow
garden path feature at Derwen Cottage
Patio and garden feature at Derwen cottage in 2012
Ynyslas beach and estuary near Borth, North of Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth beach and prom - lovely long walk to 'kick the bar' - a local tradition
Glorious Cwm Rheidol where the Butterfly house is located
Summer visitors
Spring flowers in the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
German first
Any
Jane L
“Perfect family get away”
Reviewed 31 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Lovely location, very well equipped, spotlessly clean and a very welcoming and helpful host. Only 5 mins drive into Aberystwyth centre.

1 Nov 2017
Thank you very much indeed for your generous review. Thank you for taking good care of the cottage and leaving it clean and tidy for me. I was delighted to meet you all and certainly hope to see you back sometime soon.
Dawn T
“Beautiful cottage and lovely owners”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed for 4 nights from 31st August, we would have stayed longer but it was a last minute break for us and the cottage was fully booked either side.
This cottage was immaculate and spotlessly clean with all facilities you could wish for, and lovely gardens and grounds giving peaceful rural views from the enormous windows. Marilyn the lovely owner was there to greet us and show us where everything was.
We were really grateful for the lovely welcome pack of fresh crusty bread, milk, eggs, gorgeous Welsh butter, cheese, and cupboard stocked with tea coffee jam and marmalade, dishwasher tablets etc.
Great kitchen so we cooked some lovely meals and shopped in Aberystwyth where there is plenty of choice within 5 minutes or so.
Lovely huge comfortable bed with pristine white bed linen and towels.
Two lovely big sofas with great views of the surrounding fields and plenty of choice for books and dvds to relax.
We had our elderly golden retriever with us and it was great to have the lovely enclosed garden.. very cleverly fenced so as not to spoil the view! We did manage to make use of the sun loungers one afternoon too!
Really enjoyed our day at Ynyslas beach and found so many places we want to visit that we are already planning for next time.
All in all a lovely relaxing break and we can't wait to go back.
We are really saddened to read the one poor review and what happened to the property during this stay. Marilyn and her husband clearly work extremely hard to keep the standard high.
We can confirm the cottage is most definitely detached and the location quiet and peaceful. We knew Wi-Fi was not available and phone reception is always a problem in rural areas .. sometimes it is nice to have a technology detox!
So happy we found this lovely place and we will be returning

21 Oct 2017
A massive THANK YOU for your very much appreciated comments. It means the world to me to know that my precious guests are happy with my little cottage and the facilities I provide. The location is amazing and I am delighted when guests enjoy it for it's simple pleasures - views, peace and privacy. Having such warm and appreciative feedback is the motivator to carry on with creating even better surroundings - a natural swimming pond and wild-flower meadows are planned. So once again, thank you!
Andy B
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent decision to book this cottage”
Reviewed 8 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

What a lovely Cottage with a great location as a base to explore beaches/walks etc.
The Cottage is absolutely spotless with everything you need to hand.
A great private place to unwind and relax after spending the day out on adventures.
With your own garden which my dog loved, giving complete privacy made the whole week a great holiday for all. 10/10 superb

Yes we will revisit again.

Thanks to the owners of ensuring we had everything we need to hand. Thankyou

9 Oct 2017
THANK YOU so, so much for your kind review which delighted me beyond words! We do work so hard to try and ensure our guests enjoy total satisfaction with the cottage and always strive to make stays special. We were lucky to find this 14 acre small-holding (no animals) which is in a glorious setting, close to Aberystwyth yet peaceful and private. Building the little stone cottage at the bottom of the yard for holiday let means it can be shared. We enjoy meeting our guests and value their satisfaction above all else.
Caroline...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for more.”
Reviewed 5 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Doleos cottage was absolutely perfect for myself and my husband whilst we were visiting our son and his girlfriend who are at Aberwryswth university. Marilyn was so welcoming and provided us with a lovely goody bag and even went out of her way to provide us with wholemeal bread after asking our preference. Also on leaving Marilyn kindly let me take one of the many books which i had started to read but not managed to finish. The cottage is spacious and light and extremely well equipped. A big television and a huge bed which was extremely comfy as were the sofas. What we loved was the peace and quiet,it was so relaxing but so convenient and close by to Aberwryswth.I really do not understand the previous review as we cannot fault the place and subsequently can't wait to return. Highly recommended.

7 Oct 2017
Thank you so much for your generous review. It truly raised my spirits after a previous disappointment and has restored my faith in what I have undertaken here. The vision I have for a natural swimming pond in the meadow enhanced with wild-flower planting to attract wildlife, and stunning landscaped gardens keeps me motivated. But sharing this amazing 14 acres with appreciative guests, like you, staying in my two charming little cottages is what drives me on, despite my husband suffering chronic serious health problems. So a massive and sincere THANK YOU for your kind words and I am truly delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

10 Sep 2017
Dear reader,
Please view my detailed response to this retaliatory and vexatious review which I am currently disputing with Tripadvisor. Also consider that this young woman caused damage and left my cottage in a disgraceful state. I and my husband (to the rescue) spent a total of 7 hours getting it ready for following arrivals. This guest stated in her email that it was ‘up to the maid’ to clean up the mess!!! It normally takes me 1-2 hours for changeover as guests always try to leave the cottage ‘as they found it’. I have never experienced such disrespectful behaviour or attitude and parts of her emails are unprintable and offensive. Crockery was left in the bedroom as were filthy nappies. Dirty mugs were put in the cupboard though most of the dirty dishes were left on worktops. The fridge was full of used junk food and spills, worktops and tables filthy and all the bins inside were overflowing.
Totally detached cottage and certainly NOT attached to my property. The nearest building is a redundant historical stone built old coach-house and stables – full of character but not habitable or used. My dwelling is 50 metres away and most reviewers appreciate the privacy, peace and natural surroundings.
I don’t advertise WiFi at the cottage but do offer use at my conservatory. BT have installed equipment nearby and I am assured Super Broadband will be connected soon so WiFi will be available. Most mobile phones do work inside but apparently not Tina’s!
The cottage, as always was spotlessly, ‘pristine’, clean as were bedding and towels. I provided Fresh bread, litre milk, pack Welsh butter, full pack quality chocolate biscuits, Welsh eggs and Welsh cheese. Also plenty of tea coffee and sugar for the duration of the stay.
The folding bed certainly had a bottom sheet as did the 2 single beds. They are a waterproof superior brand – ‘Protect-a-Bed’.
Problem was that the bedding (duvet & cover) had been thoroughly wetted and left in a heap on the bare mattress allowing seepage and odours to penetrate.
My reaction was reasonable and I was most certainly NOT rude in my messaging, unlike Tina. She has retaliated for having to pay for damage she was liable for. I did not charge for dealing with the mattress/bed-wetting but only for the permanent damage to my property.
Correct bedding was provided and the children (age 1 & 4) stayed free of charge. I also provided plenty of toys, videos and jigsaws (also ruined but not charged for).
Mattress protectors were on the beds. I only charged for the duvet and cover - used by the adults - which were permanently stained blue/purple. Also for the towels that were permanently stained. I put all of the damaged laundry through 2 vigorous hot washes – using Vanish – which normally works but the staining was permanent. I provided Tina with photos which she did not dispute and consequently she agreed to the charge being made via Tripadvisor.
I made no charge for dealing with the staining to my curtain lining, my ruined tea-cloths, 2 ruined cushions (left in the rain) or for the 5 additional hours it took for the changeover.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing