“rubbish food”

Ranked #35 of 106 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a busy pub in a beautiful old listed building with amazing views over the malvern hills! You can sit on one of our two terraces to dine and enjoy the views.Kids are welcome to dine with us, we provide high chairs and changing facilities and we welcome breast feeding mothers. Disabled access is through the front of the building and we have disabled toilet facilities. Food ranges from snacks such as teacakes, scones and toasties to a full on meal such as steak, burgers, curries...Far too many to list! You can view our full menu at jdwetherspoon's website. Downstairs we have the Morgan bar, every Friday and Saturday night enjoy craft beer and cocktails here till 12am with music. Upstairs is our lovely hotel with rooms ranging from £59 per night weekdays and £89 weekends, you can book online on the Wetherspoons website or give us a call! We hope to see you soon! Don't forget to review us!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Foley hotel Malvern on the 26th @ 27th June 2018
The first meal that we had was in the evening of the 26th
We both had steaks, my Wife's was burned to a cinder although she had ordered it Medium She had this with a salad which looked as if it hade been stood in a hot kitchen for 2 days. She wasn't very hungry with traveling over 100 mile so she just left it I ordered my steak med- well (described in the menu as Pink in the middle and well done on the outside This was black-tastless-@ dry the rest of the meal was cold we had breakfast the next morning once again everything was cold the 2 rashers of bacon were bone dry and about 2 1/2"square we will not be returning. The Witherspoons pub in Mansfield serves the best breakfast in the area so it is not the company just poor chef and bad manager

Emma H, Manager at The Foley Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Many thanks for taking the time to review us and my apologies that you did not enjoy your meals with us. Can I ask if you spoke to a member of our team regarding your food? We would always rather deal with issues face to face so we can resolve them and hopefully the customer leaves happy rather than having to reply to a review where we can’t put thing right. I can assure you this standard of food isn’t what I expect from my team so please accept my apologies. I do hope you give this Wetherspoon branch another chance should you be in the area again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've reviewed the accommodation here a few times and love it. But, as is common across Wetherspoons, the tables in the dining area are only cleared sporadically. We had to clear and wipe down our table before sitting down. Neighbouring tables are laden with plates of concealed food and used condiment bottles, with flies buzzing around the room.

Often with Spoons it's a case of skeleton staff. Or poorly trained maybe.

Many thanks for your review, I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel. We are currently retraining our team to achieve better floor standards as I agree this is not acceptable. We do run on a tight labour budget but this isn’t any excuse for the issues you’ve listed so my apologies. I do hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Poor burnt food (burnt but cold burger!) I waited for waitress to come over to our seating area but couldn't see one so went to find someone who came over and said it was black and burnt and she would get manager. She came back and said 'I can't give a refund so have a pudding or drink'. All the puddings are hot (other than a basic ice cream) which I'm not keen on. Just felt it was all managed very poorly.
However the prices of food are very reasonable and there is a very wide choices of drinks. It was busy for a Friday evening (couldn't find a clean table so opted for one that had been 80% cleared). Lots of other places local I think are better, but can see why it's so popular.

Many thanks for taking the time to review us, I’m sorry you had a poor visit. Can I ask you to email me with details of who you spoke to as I was on duty that evening and don’t recall dealing with a complaint, it seems it wasn’t handled as I’d expect so I’d like to retrain whoever you spoke to. The email is p5562@jdwetherspoon.co.uk. Many thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for lunch , needed meal quickly so that's why we chose Wetherspoons , staff were friendly , food ok but not a hint of veg or salad on either of the meals we had sadly, , the but cleanliness is very poor , lots empty tables all dirty, general areas all round looked grubby and would benefit from deep clean , it's a shame as it has amazing views and large menu to suit all tastes but i would not go back

Thanks for taking the time to review us, I’m glad you food our staff to be friendly. Apologiesyou dud not enjoy your food, all items that accompany each meal are listed on our menu as we have lots of healthy options on our menu. Also apologies that you found the cleanliness lacking this is something we’re currently working on with our team to improve. Despite all this I do hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We visited here after staying in Droitwich for the races. This is a lovely looking hotel from the front and the views at the rear are amazing. It was a gorgeous sunny day so we sat outside on the upper level, plenty of tables but it was very busy so they were taken up pretty quick. This is a Wetherspoons pub which you wouldn't think so the food is very good value as checked the menu out even though we didn't eat as still full from our breakfast! Checked out a few plates that were brought out and all the food looked good. Would look at staying here when we are next in the area. Round of drinks for 6 of us was under £20 so cheap drinks too!