“Food Excellent”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Reviewed this 4 months ago, the food remains excellent, which is why we travel here.

A couple of things need attention, drinks list draft beer is actually poured from cans behind the bar. Wine (Sauvignon Blanc) OK, but room for improvement, not good value.

Radio 4's including the Archers in the background doesn't help the atmosphere.

But the quality of the food outshines the minor problems above.

We get the feeling they do not check their reviews, nothing changes.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Amazing food, buffet style but cooked fresh to order. The owner was very friendly and was accommodating and we had quite a few hilarious exchanges with her. Will definitely be going back in the near future

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The restaurant doesn't have many tables but I prefer eating in rather than getting a take out.

We opted for the buffet, starting with the mixed platter, skipped the soup, had crispy duck pancakes and then several other mains.

The price for bottles of wine is very reasonable so is the food.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We just fancied a sit-down Chinese meal and this is our nearest Chinese restaurant. Never been here before but will definitely go again. The menu was very extensive and we had a quality bottle of wine. Started off with delicious soups, followed by crispy duck then went onto mains of sizzling beef and king prawns with garlic and leeks. We also opted for puddings and I had a particularly tasty fried banana in syrup. During the meal we were very well looked after by the proprietor and she voluntarily gave us the bottle top to finish our wine at home. A great restaurant, great value and excellent food - does takeaway and home delivery too. Don't miss out on what this restaurant has to offer.

1  Thank Moira H
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

One of my vegan friends was telling me about all the vegan and vegetarian delights yumi yumi had to offer, so bank holiday Monday I ventured out to get a take away.

Why have I never been here before????

Mushroom curry with just the right about of spice. Crispy tofu with a lovely chilli kick and deep fried cauliflower. That topped it, deliciously crispy batter, soft fluffy cauliflower inside with fried onions and carrot.
It was a feast worth the money, worth the wait now I need to tell my family to change their regular!

While I was waiting I was talking to the lady working there, she was lovely. Very approachable.

2  Thank RyshyB