All reviews oak suite glass of champagne farncombe estate media room drinks trolley wine cellar fox hill drawing room stocked pantry within reason on arrival private house chef ian light supper felt slightly sky movies jelly beans
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Stayed mid June for 3 nights . Loved the drives signs -. perfect no hassle check in after a long drive from Dover / France 1st glass of Champagne very welcome. Loved the Bar/Lounge . Room,Chestnut Suite, amazing ,spotless and very well equipped . Staff very friendly - nothing too much. 1st nights food a little boring - I make better shrimp cocktail at home .The big surprise was 2nd night tasting menu at sister hotel D.H. was out of this world , far superiour and with house taxi no drink drive problems . 3rd night dinner with Lobster starter much better , but very un exciting puds . A very reasonable wine list and the non stop flow of Champagne very welcome . There during the heat wave - excellent A.C in room very usefull . Would have enjoyed a few loungers on the lovely terrace as we wanted to spend the day relaxing . Very efficient house keeping - room spotless at all times Breakfast OK but nothing special .

Over all impression very good - except for dinner ( change Chefs with DH ) - a perfect 3 day start to our holiday . The next 2 nights at Hilton Cambridge an un-welcome return to normal hotels.
Gave them 4 stars but would have liked to have put 4 1/2 for trying

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
FarncombeEstate1, General Manager at Foxhill Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Hi Richard

Thank you for the comments and feedback above. It was such a pleasure to have you here and great that you took the concept on board - you both seemed very at home! Part of our job here is to have good interaction with our guests which I hope myself and Matt provided to a good level. We are currently undergoing some changes with regards to the food so all feedback above has been taken on.

We are constantly aiming to get better and better so thank you for providing the honest critique above.

We hope you both return to us in the future!

Gwyn, Matt, Callum, Hannah and Mirek

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Re-named "Magical Manor" (by us!) - this place has super powers & can conjure up just about anything you desire.

We recently stayed in Oak & fell in (literally!) love with the double freestanding baths which overlooked the beautiful gardens & the Vale of Evesham. The Georgian fireplace lit full with candles, two TV screens (in case you can't be bothered to turn) & a cosy seating area - made for a room in which we didn't want to leave. We had previously stayed in Juniper in February, which was equally as lovely but for me, just had the edge.

Their 'AAA' no rules approach meant we could go into the kitchen 24hrs a day & chat to Chef James. We could chop (excuse the pun!) & change whatever we fancied to eat throughout our stay, and nothing was too much trouble. As soon as we arrived, we were asked if there was anything we would like, so I opted for Scones. Within minutes they arrived - Freshly baked scones with homemade jam & Cotswolds clotted cream! Delicious! Add that to the copious amounts of alcohol on tap & it really does feel like you've been sprinkled in magic dust!

However, the real sparks are the staff - Gwyn, Hannah, Callum & Matt who worked tirelessly throughout our stay. They have helped us to create some very special memories. Foxhill is 'rarefied & fabulous' - we can't wait to return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
FarncombeEstate1, General Manager at Foxhill Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Verity!

Thank you so much for the kind words above. It really is a pleasure to have great reviews and feedback as we love what we do and I'm glad our guests can tell.

Hope to see you both again!

Gwyn, Hannah, Callum and Matt

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

It was a return visit for myself and my partner, which we had been looking forward to since the last time we visited. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. The room we stayed in this time was "Oak"
Wow is the only word I can use to describe it. Huge room, his and hers separate deep soaking bath tubs overlooking the rolling Cotswolds large shower and bathroom. Lovely lounge area with open fireplace. Two huge plasma TV's. Spotlessly clean.
All the staff were so welcoming and friendly using first name terms with us they immediately made you feel at home without any embarrassment about asking for anything. I they have such a good team there and I would like to say thank you for Hannah, Matt and Callum for looking after us so well, along with the Chefs Martin and John. Food was exceptional and an extensive wine list to boot. Go and visit you will not be disappointed!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Ravi

Thank you again to you and V - so lovely to have you back and maybe next time I will get to meet you both properly.

Absolute pleasure and of course, thank you for the glowing review.

Take care and hopefully see you again soon!

Gwyn & The Foxhill Team

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have now stayed here twice, once with my daughter on a mother/daughter break and more recently with my husband.

This gem is a well kept secret.

This luxurious, unpretentious venue in a beautiful setting offers casual but perfect service. Gwynn the manager, offers the best welcome you could want. The whole ethos is about having a high quality but laid back experience. The chef does not offer a daily menu but invites you into the kitchen to discuss your eating preferences. His food is among the best we have had (we have eaten at several 2 Michelin star restaurants).
We are already planning an early autumn return visit.

Room Tip: All rooms re wonderful and individual. I have stated in both Juniper and Oak and would recommend highly
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Barbara - SO lovely to see you again and a great welcome with a hug!
You and your snazzy shoes are welcome back anytime - broken Bob too!

I hope everything goes smoothly with your upcoming event - we will be thinking of you here at the Manor and waiting for you with a glass of fizz when it has all died down and you're settled.

Can't wait to have you back. Until then, take care!!

Gwyn, Hannah, Callum, Mirek and Matt

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at the Foxhill Manor on a 50th birthday trip. The hotel was beautiful and the staff pampered us so well. Our room was designed for beauty and comfort. We had an amazing stay and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback Todd.
Glad you had a great stay - always welcome back so hopefully we shall see you again soon!