US$190
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$378
US$285
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$338/night.

US$128
  • Restaurant
Buckland Manor(Broadway)
US$341
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$458/night.

Reviews (1 560)
1 560 results
1 178
1 178
All reviewspotting shedgarden roomsplendid roomrose cottagespa breakgarden restaurantoutdoor jacuzzigreat spasteam roomspa areacomfy roomjourney hometurn down serviceflip flopsthe main houseattention to detailhomemade cookies
11 - 16 of 1 560 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Looking for somewhere special for a short break to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday, I chose Dormy House as we had heard so much about it and we love visiting the Cotswolds.
Well, what does one say about a hotel which has everything? Our room (comfy by classification) was situated in the quiet courtyard. It was not huge, but had every comfort - even a heated bathroom floor; French windows led onto a sunlit patio.
The spa and leisure facilities were superb. I took the opportunity to enjoy one of the best facials I have ever experienced. Thank you so much Sarah!
For some reason, the hotel no longer opens The Garden restaurant on Mondays and Tuesdays. This restaurant offers a fine dining experience. With this closed, the only on site option is the informal Potting Shed.
Our experience on the Monday of our stay was that the kitchen was hard pressed to cope. Rob, the charming Potting Shed supervisor did a remarkable job in placating diners who were increasingly unhappy with their wait.
On Tuesday the problem did not arise and food was delivered promptly. I would make a special mention of Joely from the restaurant staff for her enthusiasm and hard work.
This hotel is first class. Just a pity about the hiccup in the Potting Shed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our third visit to Dormy House and again didn’t disappoint. Spa excellent, polite and friendly staff, excellent food and drinks with comfy beds. Breakfast is out of this world with everything you could want.
Dormy House is my absolute favourite place to stay!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank khenderson
FarncombeEstate1, Front Office Manager at Dormy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear KHenderson,

A fantastic review thank you so much! It's so wonderful to have you as regular guests at Dormy and to be named your favourite hotel is truly an honour.

We can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice hotel. Lovely spa, comfy beds fantastic food in the garden restaurant. What loses it marks is, for this price you expect things to be perfect. The hairdryer in the room was faulty and was unusable. The service at breakfast was awful. A waitress spilt food on an unfortunate gentleman on the table next to us ruining his silk shirt. It took 50 minutes for them to produce a cooked breakfast by which time we were so close to our spa appointment we had to rush it. This is despite the fact that I had informed them by email and telephone in advance that I was gluten-free only for them to say when I tried to order that they did not have the food. To their credit what they did - I think - was then go out to the shop or the supplier and obtain the food that I needed, but I was not told of this and I would’ve ordered something else if given the option rather than wait that length of time.
The service at the greenhouse in the spa was also very poor. We sat down to relax with some menus but every time we wanted something we had to go up to the bar to order it - this was despite the fact that, when I asked them, they said they would come and take orders. After having used the spa and sitting up there we were very hungry and thirsty so having to chase them down to order food was really really bad and frustrating.

This service would’ve been expected of a three star hotel that was significantly cheaper than what we paid.

If they make some improvements in the these areas this place will be a five star.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the moment I walked in, I knew this would be good. First, there was an air of "calm and graciousness." I could just feel myself relax. The common spaces are a wonderful mixture of traditional English Country, beautiful stone and wood. However, there is an updated, modern airy feel that I loved. The rooms are lovely, especially the bath. And I must admit, I hoarded the bathroom products. They were from Temple Spa and the mist that they sprayed on the linens at night was divine! The spa is relaxing, quiet and beautifully done. There is a large waiting area that serves lattes and cappucino's as well as snacks and lunch. The services I had were excellent. There are two restaurants, one fine dining and the Potting Shed. (my favorite). The food was hearty and good. But the best part of all is the staff. They are kind, just attentive enough and so thoughtful. After touring the area, I would return to warm "hello's" and an offer of a coffee in the main room, in front of the fireplace. What could be better??? While there, I arranged a bespoke tour with Steve from Cotswold Executive Cabs. He was the BEST!!! I highly recommend hiring him for a 1/2 or all day. Be sure to ask him to take you to Daylesford Organic Farm for lunch. My time there was so enjoyable and I will go back as often as I can.

Room Tip: I've stayed there twice. My favorite room was in the main house upstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for such a valuable review.

It's so wonderful to know that our team made you feel so welcome and relaxed during your stay with us. We're also thrilled that you enjoyed relaxing in the House Spa and took all of your Temple Spa toiletries with you also! This is exactly what we want you to do with them!

Thank you also for your kind comments on Steve, your tour guide. We'll be sure to let him know and I know he will be delighted.

We hope to see you at Dormy House again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A girlfriend and I spent 5 days tramping from charming village to village in a tour of the gorgeous central Cotswolds. After covering about 75 kms on foot, we treated ourselves to 2 nights and a full day of pampering at the Dormy House. Beautiful premises, nicely done rooms and common spaces in farmhouse chic, excellent food in both restaurants (we preferred the more informal Potting Shed), and an inviting spa. Very capable therapists gave our well-deserved massages, and the rest of the staff throughout was delightful and professional. Well worth the trip!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Stacy,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your well deserved pamper break! We're so pleased we were able to provide you with some rest and relaxation after your busy few days. Thank you for your lovely comments on our restaurants, the team and your massage therapists.

We hope to see you again soon.