Reviews (2 131)
2 131 results
All reviews the river the main hotel club room eton bridge windsor castle station car park lovely hotel separate building across the bridge afternoon tea through secret escapes a river view room old building valet parking lovely room lovely weekend hotel restaurant
27 - 32 of 2 131 reviews
Reviewed 9 October 2018

To start off with we were served by Bernedito- he was fabulous, what a nice person, he made our meal memberable for all the right reasons. The food was delicious and a child in our party, of 8, had dietary requirements, which were more than catered for (they made such a fuss of him, to his delight). The location was lovely- right by the Thames. We were sat at a table that had dual aspect. Value for money was excellent! We will be returning. Thank you so much Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and all your lovely staff.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Mihai S, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Emily,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel & Spa. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, particularly that your food was delicious and that meet all the dietary requirements . I will certainly pass your praise onto Benedito. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here for an overnight stay in October. The hotel is set over two plots and our room was over the road from the reception area. The hotel is right in the centre of Windsor and right next to the River. We had a room with a view of the castle and the room was clean and tidy.
Firstly the room: This was a good size with a large king size bed, TV, tea or coffee machine, iron, hair dryer. The bathroom was very modern with a walk in shower (no bath), bath robes, slippers and various toiletries and very it was very clean.

If there was any down side then there was noise from outside (possibly some kind of club but not overly bad. Make sure you book parking with the hotel when you book your room otherwise, as we found out, parking was a nightmare on a Saturday and a long wait for a space to become free in the nearby car park.

The position of the hotel made everything within walking distance so it was easy to just wander and look around the town so 10/10 for position.

The staff could not have been any friendlier and helpful especially the lady on reception called Lisa. She went above and beyond our normal expectations of reception clerk and nothing was too much trouble and was just so helpful with everything we asked her.

I would definitely stay here again if I go to visit Windsor.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Mihai S, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Marc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel & Spa. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found your room clean and tidy with all the facilities to fulfil your needs and our staff friendly and helpful - I will certainly pass your praise onto Lisa! We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

A thoroughly relaxing experience. I had a full body scrub, back massage and facial provided by Star. Well worth the money. Star was extremely competent and professional. Recommended. I did however need directions as access is across courtyard at back of hotel.

Stayed: October 2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much for reviewing your spa treatment with the Wren's Club. I am very glad that Star was able to provide you with the right treatment and that you enjoyed it! I hope that you will choose to come back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Fairly easy to find, pretty building right by the river.

We stayed in a room which had a considerable walk up and down multiple stair cases. It was a bit of a rabbit warren to reach our room, and I think we managed to find 3 different routes to/ from our room.

Whilst this may be okay for us, this may be a consideration for those who cannot walk up and down stairs generally, or with luggage. I must admit I was concerned what we would do if there was a fire.

Room Tip: Ask not to be placed in rooms with multiple stair cases (I think ours was room 41)
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mindy1001,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel & Spa. and I am pleased there were some aspects of your stay which you liked such as the location and the look of our historical building.
Our Front Office team is always available to assist with directions and any luggage up and down any stairs, and we have several accessible rooms upon request. Rest assured that all staff is highly trained on fire evacuation procedures to ensure all our guests are safe at all times. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay for a couple of days visit to Windsor very central good service and great food.
One word of warning as it’s a listed building there are no lifts !
The location is on the river bank and near the railway station

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Philw440,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel & Spa. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our food to be great. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!