“Glad I went”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for breakfast after my daughter recommended it. Was very glad I came. Set in a lovely location beside Eton bridge, we were lucky enough to sit by the window on a glorious sunny day.
I had the full English and my daughter had the vegetarian. Both came with choice of a hot drink and juice, very filling. The staff were fab too. I will definitely return there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 819)

21 - 25 of 1 819 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Probably the best located Cote we've been to. Table by the open windows looking out over the Thames towards Windsor castle!
Food was very good, as we expect from Cote. Service friendly and attentive.
Would definitely in back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were treated to a lovely table by the window and were entertaining an overseas visitor. She ordered the Hake Provencale so imagine our embarrassment when the new potatoes arrived & were sprouting. Not just tips pushing through but at least 1.5cms of sprouting. We rejected the potatoes and the waiting staff took them away. When no new ones arrived I went to find the manager. Her explanation was that the food arrived pre-portioned in little bags and the sprouting was the fault of the menu development team. The fact that the (clearly) non-chef in the kitchen and the waiting staff thought it acceptable to serve old vegetables didn't seem to be an issue. Eventually new potatoes arrived without any sprouting. When the bill arrived there was no complimentary drink or any apology for serving old food. I asked for a free drink as an apology to our guest and our waitress claimed to know nothing about it. Seems there's a problem there with communication and food safety training. My mussels arrived cool on the top of the pile but hot inside the sauce. When I asked for a finger bowl this seemed to surprise the waitress as in - oh, you would like a finger bowl? We eat here a lot so it was disappointing to entertain a foreign visitor and to be served by people who didn't seem to have a clue about the product or the issues - TRAINING REQUIRED AT WINDSOR PLEASE!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had some very nice mussels to start followed by the spinach and mushroom crepes which were a little overwhelmed by the sauce and then a very rich chocolate mousse to finish. Consistent quality from this classy chain and a great location right on the Thames looking out to Windsor Castle

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were fortunate to have sun and cloudless skies when we visited Windsor for a long weekend recently.
While exploring we came across the Elton bridge and noticed the restaurant ahead and on the right.

I went to enquire whether we could have a table by the waters edge and was told one might be available around 2pm. We returned hoping we might be lucky, and although the restaurant was still very busy we got our table. It really is worth trying to sit in this area, as it adds a relaxing and romantic feel to the meal.

We had the liver parfait and prawns to start, and a steak and a chicken dish for the mains. The starters were nice, as was the chicken. The steak was a little over cooked but not enough to spoil the atmosphere and return it.

Service was friendly and efficient and we left feeling very pleased that we'd found a branch of one of our favourite chains.