Reviews (1 779)
1 779 results
All reviews castle view room windsor castle goswell house directly opposite the castle car park high street fantastic location train station cream tea large room course dinner hotel restaurant lovely room full english guard brasserie pounds
57 - 62 of 1 779 reviews
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I was on a business trip from US and decided to stay my first night in Windsor. I've been there before at a different hotel, but thought I'd try Harte & Gartner. I selected the queen room with castle view and was not disappointed. The charge for the room was equivalent to other hotels, but the best view of them all. My room had tall ceilings, spacious room, giant bathroom and the best part, I had 2 floor to ceiling windows that opened up to balconies looking directly at the castle. Absolutely stunning! The hotel also had a working lift (elevator) which others in the area do not have and your forced to lug your suit case around. The staff was pleasant and the adjacent restaurant was fantastic. I did not get a chance to try out the Spa on my short stay, but I certainly visited the castle, local shops (love) and the river. The weekends are so charming in Windsor, and staying at a hotel in the middle of it all was perfect. I will be back!

One point to note, you cannot change the temperature of the room. It does have A/C you can turn on, but it was cold during my trip and I was unable to heat the room up. I had warmer clothes so I just layered up, but wanted to point this out to others.

Room tip: Best Views and Charming UK Feel
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were visiting Windsor Castle. This hotel is directly opposite the castle and our room looked onto it. The room was clean, comfortable and tastefully furnished. Staff werevfriendly. All in all a good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was in an ideal location overlooking Windsor Castle. The hotel was very comfortable and rooms nicely furnished with tea & coffee facilities. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate in the restaurant and I had the Clam Chowder stew with mash potato followed by apple & blackberry crumble with custard which was absolutely delicious. I would have given it 5 stars but there was no car parking on site.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Raining on Saturday and a tad early for 5:15p Evensong at St George's Chapel I popped into Harte & Garter for hot tea. It's a busy place with high tea being enjoyed by many but I just wanted a hot pot of tea. I got it and loved it. Very affordable at 4 pounds and look at how it arrived - steaming hot and served properly,

Room tip: Hot Tea Served Properly With a View of Windsor Castle too
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Good location right across from Windsor Castle. Room was clean and roomy. Unfortunately there was a party at the hotel the night we stayed so it was quite noisy until after midnight. If sharing be aware that the bathroom has glass doors and lots of mirrors so privacy is not possible. Bathroom was large and clean though. Breakfast was late, we waited a long time to get coffee and food ran out at the buffet and we had to wait for more to come out. This was a problem as we had to leave early to get to the airport.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends