All reviews police station car park hi express beans room was clean the sofa bed town centre free breakfast ten minute walk decent breakfast large shower short stay per night stayed here for nights pleasant stay ideal location would stay again
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Right in the centre of everything. Next to the train station. Five minutes slow walk to the castle. Rooms right up to standard, optional breakfast and dinner options. Wifi available. We have stayed at many Travel Lodge Hotels, this is right up there with the best of them. Highly recommended

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

This place is just around the corner from the castle and river and has a car park which is first come first served so bare that in mind
they have a bar and restaurant and a good night's sleep as well
make sure no events are happening as that affects the price per night
but i would stay there again and recommend it
Bob

Room Tip: get a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Not stayed in a good Macdonald hotel for a while but this one is truly great .... exactly the service I expect from such a this brand.

The restaurant ...... I’ve just had the best meal I’ve eaten all year .... the John Dory main was amazing .... sublime.

Well done, keep up the service and the quality.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We decided to stay here because I love the IHG brand- they are reliable and you know what to expect. It is only 10 minutes to the Castle.
It is very well located from other towns -easy to get to from Kingston upon Thames, where we were staying. And also easy to get to from the M25. The reception staff are welcoming and friendly, and very helpful. The rooms are fitted out in a standard way, with a shower room rather than a bathroom. It is a very spacious shower, however! There is a decent flatscreen TV and a comfortable bed. The air conditioning is efficient.
Breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express fare, but I thought the scrambled eggs were excellent. Just as I like them! We had dinner in the hotel on our second night, which was fine. As long as you do not expect gourmet food, you won’t be disappointed. My partner’s chilli was very good, and my fish and chips (fish had obviously been frozen) was also good.
The Great Room was not busy. But this is possibly because of the number of other food establishments locally rather than a reflection of the food on offer in the hotel. I think the menu in Holiday Inn Expresses is expanding. Which is all to the good, but in a town such as Windsor, it wouldn’t be practical to offer a large range. So much would be wasted.
There is a very useful ice machine
I would recommend this hotel. It is not cheap- and neither is carparking at £13 a day. But it is a good one. Would certainly stay again. Only small, so if you are travelling by car, to be sure of getting a space, arrive as lose to check in as possible.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank rainbowsue0
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I stayed here with the family for one night between a day at Legoland and a day in Windsor itself, booked independently on the hotel's website as I am an IHG member and wanted the member benefits. The hotel is in a good location with easy access by car from the Legoland resort and a comfortable walk into the centre of Windsor. The room was spacious enough for our needs and the breakfast was excellent and included in the rate as this is an HIX.Staff were friendly and efficient. I would certainly return if staying in Windsor again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family