“Easter Lunch: dissatisfying ”

The Tower Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #162 of 250 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$21 - US$43
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Tower Bar & Brasserie boasts a truly quintessential British menu.Enjoy simple and seasonal British classics with our Executive Chef adding his own selections daily, all supporting our philosophy of using the finest and freshest local produce, cooked simply, priced sensibly. With the breathtaking views of Windsor Castle and individual service - you have a truly memorable dining experience.The extensive and eclectic wine list is a key feature of the hotel. In addition to the main list, which includes an impressive array by the glass, there is a small daily selection of good value wine to compliment your meal.The Tower is also offers a shameless celebration of the English institution of afternoon tea. Treat yourself and indulge in perfectly cut sandwiches, freshly baked scones with jam and clotted cream, and a daily assortment of delicate fancies.The Tower also offers private dining facilities for up to 20 people, perfect for a special celebration with bespoke menus to suit your unique requirements.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Having visited the restaurant a number of times as well as having stayed in the spa hotel I thought this would be a pleasant and reliable choice for Easter lunch. How wrong I was! In front of me was a waiter having a screaming row with a guest who was threatening not to pay the bill, the couple next to us found the service ‘shoddy’- I may have forgotten I was British and plucked up the courage to complain, however waiting time to speak with a waiter was like trying to talk to my GP, pointless. So I paid, the only bit staff found of interest and left without them saying bye or thanks...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Easter Sunday and what a lovely treat. Despite it being busy the staff were wonderfully accommodating. I observed the Manager handling a group of difficult customers very well and was impressed by his professionalism under the circumstances. The waiter who served was friendly, warm and accommodating. He took the time to chat to us which was appreciated. Nothing was too much trouble. A wonderful experience. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Couldn’t fault this busy little hot spot.. we booked in for Afternoon Champagne tea. We were promptly seated and served at a lovely street view table.
The sandwiches cakes and scones were great and the champagne was bubbly. All in all a worthy stop for Afternoon tea.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a table for 16 last week to celebrate my parents big anniversary. The staff were all so helpful and professional. The food was great, most of us had the 2 courses for £14.95. I had the roast beef and sticky toffee pudding which was lovely although the main was quite garlicky. We all had a lovely day and I look forward to returning maybe to try the afternoon tea next time. Thank you for helping make my parents day special!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and weren’t disappointed. In fact we were lucky to get a seat as they were all full. Most people round us were ordering afternoon teas and they looked fab. We ordered a selection of hot and cold food and it was all lovely though the service a bit slow. The staff were friendly and it was the best cup of tea we’ve had to be fair. We would definitely recommend.