“Easter Lunch: dissatisfying ”

The Tower Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #166 of 258 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Tower Bar & Brasserie boasts a truly quintessential British menu.Enjoy simple and seasonal British classics with our Executive Chef adding his own selections daily, all supporting our philosophy of using the finest and freshest local produce, cooked simply, priced sensibly. With the breathtaking views of Windsor Castle and individual service - you have a truly memorable dining experience.The extensive and eclectic wine list is a key feature of the hotel. In addition to the main list, which includes an impressive array by the glass, there is a small daily selection of good value wine to compliment your meal.The Tower is also offers a shameless celebration of the English institution of afternoon tea. Treat yourself and indulge in perfectly cut sandwiches, freshly baked scones with jam and clotted cream, and a daily assortment of delicate fancies.The Tower also offers private dining facilities for up to 20 people, perfect for a special celebration with bespoke menus to suit your unique requirements.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Having visited the restaurant a number of times as well as having stayed in the spa hotel I thought this would be a pleasant and reliable choice for Easter lunch. How wrong I was! In front of me was a waiter having a screaming row with a guest who was threatening not to pay the bill, the couple next to us found the service ‘shoddy’- I may have forgotten I was British and plucked up the courage to complain, however waiting time to speak with a waiter was like trying to talk to my GP, pointless. So I paid, the only bit staff found of interest and left without them saying bye or thanks...

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Easter Sunday and what a lovely treat. Despite it being busy the staff were wonderfully accommodating. I observed the Manager handling a group of difficult customers very well and was impressed by his professionalism under the circumstances. The waiter who served was friendly, warm and accommodating. He took the time to chat to us which was appreciated. Nothing was too much trouble. A wonderful experience. Thank you.

FandBMngr, Manager at The Tower Bar & Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Travellerstar1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. We do get very busy in the weekends and we try our best to make sure accommodate everyone. I will make sure to pass your great comments to the rest of the team and I am glad you have been looked after and had a very enjoyable time with us.

We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t fault this busy little hot spot.. we booked in for Afternoon Champagne tea. We were promptly seated and served at a lovely street view table.
The sandwiches cakes and scones were great and the champagne was bubbly. All in all a worthy stop for Afternoon tea.

Dear Scott U,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for us.

I am extremely pleased that you have enjoyed your afternoon tea with us! I will make sure to pass your comments to our entire team.

We hope to be able to welcome you again here at the Harte and Garter Hotel!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for 16 last week to celebrate my parents big anniversary. The staff were all so helpful and professional. The food was great, most of us had the 2 courses for £14.95. I had the roast beef and sticky toffee pudding which was lovely although the main was quite garlicky. We all had a lovely day and I look forward to returning maybe to try the afternoon tea next time. Thank you for helping make my parents day special!

Dear Natalie S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very lovely review!

I am very pleased that you and your family have enjoyed a special celebratory meal with us. I will make sure to pass your comments to the rest of the team and we do hope you would come back again maybe for afternoon tea.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and weren’t disappointed. In fact we were lucky to get a seat as they were all full. Most people round us were ordering afternoon teas and they looked fab. We ordered a selection of hot and cold food and it was all lovely though the service a bit slow. The staff were friendly and it was the best cup of tea we’ve had to be fair. We would definitely recommend.

Dear BurtonSL,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback.

Overall, I am glad that you enjoyed your lunch with us. I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to everyone. We always strive to give the best quality of food and service so your feedback is important, both negative and positive at it gives us room for improvement.

We hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.

Kind regards,