Reviews (2 783)
2 783 results
1 497
1 497
All reviews west wing the river rocky horror hammer horror deck chairs afternoon tea beautiful hotel fat duck beautiful grounds the main house glass of champagne tennis courts leisure facilities a river view room lovely setting sandwiches waiting staff
93 - 98 of 2 783 reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Shockingly bad customer service - expectations of this hotel were far higher than I had received. Plenty of staff milling about that have no idea of what to do. We made reservations and no booking was passed on to the restaurant or for high tea. The bar staff lose orders and forget when you are in an anti room. Reception have no idea how to communicate to the rest of the team so employees are hardly Sure of quite what to do when the customer requires it. Eating in the restaurant was averAge but over priced for the standard.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jakedg
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear jakedg,

Thank you for leaving your feedback following your stay at The Oakley Court. It was disappointing to read your comments on the customer service and I apologise for the communication errors between the team. It is also disappointing that as an ex hotelier you did not wish to speak to myself or the duty manager on shift as direct conversation is always the best way to rectify any issues you may have had at the time. I am pleased that we were able to arrange an afternoon tea for yourselves.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Our stay at the Oakley Court was fantastic! The property and gardens are beautiful and very relaxing. There are so many activities available and we only wished we had more time there to enjoy everything.
The breakfast buffet was delicious as were the rest of the restaurants. One highlight was the afternoon tea.
They cater nicely to children, even including a small robe for my daughter and milk and a cookie each evening.
Our river view room was larger than expected. It was clean and comfortable.
We'd love to come back again. With such close proximity to Windsor and the castle, it makes for a great stay.

Room Tip: The river view room was beautiful. We requested an extra bed for our daughter and she said it was very comfortable.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank saragaenzler

Dear saragaenzler,

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of The Oakley Court following your recent family vacation. I was most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that your one highlight would be the afternoon tea. Our afternoon tea experience is a special part of the hotel and I am delighted you were able to enjoy the experience. I hope we are able to welcome you and the family back again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Very pleasant stay in gorgeous surroundings. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast and lots to do at the hotel and surrounding area. Would thoroughly recommend. Rooms were a good size. Overall a very good experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank barnabywebster
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear barnabywebster,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read your feedback and that you had an overall very good experience here at The Oakley Court. Thank you for recommending us and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed in the East Wing and had two lovely spacious rooms with a river view. The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean. We were unable to have connecting rooms for our family but the hotel was able to find us adjacent rooms. The bedtime milk and cookies for our children were a nice surprise!
We enjoyed the terrace restaurant for dinner but breakfast was a little disappointing, not topped up, only very hot plates.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a river view.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Charl0tteA
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Charl0tteA,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and gave a special mention to the service, the children's evening milk and cookie are always a fan favourite with the kids and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy them. I hope we can welcome you and the family back again soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

The setting is stunning .
The old style of the hotel charismatic
But the rooms are tired looking (ripped curtains ,poor shower facilities )
The standards generally for the room rate expensive .
The hotel is in need of decoration to transform it from ‘ shabby chic ‘ to what could be a glamorous hotel in a prime spot .

Room Tip: Service in dining room excellent Food slightly too adventurous
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear suzannesealey7,

Thank you for your feedback following your weekend stay with us. While I was pleased that you found the setting to be stunning and the hotel full of charisma, I was disappointed to hear you comments on the room. We are in the process of updating a number of our rooms, including the bathrooms and entrance way. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.