Reviews (2 794)
2 794 results
1 506
1 506
All reviews west wing the river rocky horror beautiful hotel deck chairs afternoon tea fat duck beautiful grounds the main house glass of champagne tennis courts leisure facilities a river view room sandwiches lovely setting special occasion waiting staff
172 - 177 of 2 794 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Helped by glorious weather we enjoyed a lovely stay in this riverside hotel. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the food excellent. I would recommend a riverside view bedroom . Well worth the extra cost.

Room tip: Recommend a river view.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear carinam69,

Thank you for your review, following your stay with us. I was most pleased that you were able to make use of the fantastic weather we have had recently and most importantly found the team to be attentive, friendly and the food excellent. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was a special stay for a big birthday. The hotel is very, very nice and in a stunning location right on the banks of the Thames. We had an executive room which was very spacious and beautifully furnished. A nice welcome touch was the basket of fresh fruit and the glass of fizz as we checked in.
I urge you to try this place asap, you won't be disappointed:)

Dear Judith D,

Thank you for your recent review of The Oakley Court, I was delighted with your feedback and even more pleased that the hotel did not disappoint on your special big birthday! I hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This was our first time here and was extremely impressed with the setting of the hotel by the river.
The grounds are beautifully designed with wild flowers and roses.
Our room was meant to be a river view (of which we paid for)
but you really had to hang out of the window to see the river.

The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed and lovely pillows.
Unfortunately the room did have a smell of damp water, not sure if this was the air conditioning?
The curtains did have quite a few holes in them.
Tea and coffee was of pour quality.

The staff where very nice and friendly and very helpful.
The only problem was one of the receptionist, we couldn’t understand her English.

It was a lovely place to stay, but l would make sure l asked for a better room if l stayed again.

Dear KWDFB,

Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to read your complimentary feedback on our location, garden designs and staff. Naturally, I was disappointed with your comments on the room aroma and curtains. Our housekeeping team are constantly examining the rooms and I will ask the Housekeeping manager to keep an eye for any deficiencies. I am delighted to learn that you would return to us in future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A fantastic old country house set in lovely grounds next to the Thames.

We were here for two nights and ate on the terrace restaurant both times because of the amazing weather. Grill food, but to a very good standard.

Large comfortable rooms but avoid 330 as it has the air conditioning units outside the window and they make quite a bit of noise.

Minor gripes:

1. There is no lift and no offer to help carry bags up the stairs
2. Despite moving rooms after the first night and notifying the reception the new room was still not available until 3:00pm
3. Pre registration and taking card details does not enable you to charge to your room. You have to wait until 3:00pm when you are officially checked in. Caused us to be chased by a frantic waitress after lunch.
4. When leaving bills provide a pen so guests can sign them. Every time there was a delay while we tracked down the waiter to use his pen.

Overall though highly recommended, I would certainly stay again just for the location.

Dear JamesHickman777,

Thank you for your recent and insightful review. I was delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that the weather allowed you to enjoy 2 nights on our garden terrace!

As a Grade 2 listed building, unfortunately lifts are a luxury we cannot have. Our Butlers team are on hand 24/7 to assist guests with their luggage and direction, I am sorry that you were not offered this service.
Due to rooms being in use the previous night, we cannot guarantee that rooms will be ready before 15:00, although this is no excuse for not being able to charge to your room prior to this. I have passed on your feedback to our bar team so that they are aware of our procedures with room charges.

I am sorry for the isolated issues you encountered during your stay and I am very grateful for reading that you would return to us again in future, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The exceptional view near The Thames river, very clean and neat room, but what surprised me was the dinner. The menu offers a palette of tastes and very well tought out, but has to rethink the desserts.
Altough we had a situation with elegance and professionalism by the one hwo brough food, I think his name is Victor, well done.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel M, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Lyna B,

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the views from your room of the River Thames to be exceptional. Our Head Chef has been informed of your feedback and was delighted that you enjoyed the menu. Victor has also been informed and thanked you for your kind words.