Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
All reviews car park thyme restaurant parking situation central location family room air con short stay night stay sunday morning excellent breakfast comfy bed train station night's sleep member of staff inns legoland windsor
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2021

The staff made this experience for me and my family. We have two young children and the staff were amazing with us - both as guests staying during the pandemic but also with our kids; engaging with them directly and being very warm and welcoming and accommodating. Of note, Chris and Scott were FAB!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2021

It is hard to single anyone out as all the staff are pleasant, approachable and friendly, even at rush periods when everyone piles up to Check In or for Breakfast. Ewelina gets a mention as she says this is her second home, and Chris in the restaurant who is a font of local knowledge if he ever leaves I am sure the Tourist Information office in Maidenhead will offer him a job. We could add a lot of other names, but unfortunately I didn't catch them, and Chris and Ewelina are both familiar faces from previous years. Rooms are what you expect from Premier Inn, which is very good, clean, nice beds and spacious, even if you are a family of 4 like we are. The Hotel is by a busy-ish road, but even when we stay with the window adjacent the noise is negligible. Very handy for the train station if you want to visit London/Windsor, or even Marlow or the very lovely Henley on Thames. Also, very good base camp for Legoland, Thorpe Park or Chessington (the latter c. 45 mins, but if you travelling from the North I still think it is the best bolt hole). We will be back in 2022 and I am sure it will be as nice. Can't wait in fact. Oh, if you are Carry On film fan, make sure to have a look at the Town Hall which doubled up as a Hospital in the medical ones.

Room tip: McDonalds is down a little ginnel 3 min walk, so that is good to know if you are starving after a long journey.
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 6 June 2021

Check in was fine, booked in for dinner that night and went too the room. As expected everything nice and clean. Dinner service, 2 members of staff serving, undermanned as ourselves and others were waiting a long time just too order a drink. The 2 staff were dealing with the restaurant, check ins and any other issues. Ordered our meals, nice, no complaints. We misread the information about the meal deal and hadnt paid for our childs meal before we left the restaurant. Went off for a walk into town, on our return, the members of staff seen us and came after us making us feel very small in front of other guests for the sake of £5.50.
Went back to the room, off too bed. At 11pm pigeons on the window ledge fighting and that went on all night, constantly having to bang on the window to get them away. They kept on coming back, the outside of the window was filthy and covered in bird muck. Clearly a place where they stay and go quite often. Must have had an hours sleep through the night if that!!!!!
Breakfast, waited 20 minutes to be seen and seated. Again, undermanned in the restaurant, food was nice. No time to ask about our room as we were rushed having breakfast, and catching a train into London. On return from there, we asked about it. To be told the hotel was full that night so could not be moved. Same thing happened through the night with the birds, lack of sleep!!!
Told the man on shift next morning who said he will mention it too the manager and told us that they have some type of birds nest on the rough, something needs to be done about these birds. I dont believe that we are the first people to stay here and say we havent slept because of them. A long day ahead after as we were visiting legoland then a 4 hour car journey home after!

Reviewed 5 June 2021

Overall our stay was fine but there was an issue with lack of staff at breakfast time - be prepared to wait to be seated & to order. More staff required in the restaurant, as current staff are working extremely well but can not fulfil the restaurant demands

Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

This has been my go to hotel to base myself from when visiting family but I feel like it won’t be any longer. My family have additional needs and I feel like some staff have gone out of their way to not help meet them! We require disabled parking which the hotel has 2 spaces outside the building for however on this trip I found the spaces to be occupied with no blue badges and when questioned about this the evening shift manager refused to assist us knowing full well that it was his or a member of staffs car. The first morning we were at the hotel I was blocked in to the disabled space by a day manager who offered me little room to back my car out before taking the space I had vacated. The smell of cannabis from the rooms in my corridor was horrendous on the 2nd night and when I asked for teabags for my wife I was given some loose teabags in a sandwich bag which doesn’t seem professional or “covid safe”. I actually hate writing this because I really like some of the staff here and some have gone out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable but as is often the case it only takes one bad experience to taint a reputation so I’ll be looking for a better base when I visit the area again

Room tip: Don’t need to use the accessible spaces because they are reserved for the staff
Date of stay: May 2021