All reviews eton high street molton brown toiletries car park windsor castle cosy bar area legoland package eton college pedestrian bridge the river main building on arrival booked this hotel five minute walk good size the room was nice old building highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Most years I compete in the Windsor triathlon, which involves getting up well before 6 AM. In previous years the hotel has been good enough to leave bananas and basic cereals for their dozen or so guests who regularly do this event. This year, they kept the door to the dining area locked and there was no one there to look after us, in spite of the fact that I had asked about this the night before. I never resent paying £130 for the tiny room but this was a unique piece of meanness. Apart from that, nice bar and dining area.

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Bill N
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Great location, very comfortable room and parking included which it should be....although breakfast was not, it should be. Very close to everything, staff were nice price not bad in fairness. Room had a fan and plenty of tea and coffee.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Stayed for one night after visiting the races. I really feel you are just paying for the location and nothing else. It is in a really good location but I think the room was only worth half what I paid. My room was the single block by the car park. It doesn’t help that this was at the start of the heat wave but wow it was hot and stuffy in that room and no air con. Returned after a night out to a stuffy room again with no air flow even with the windows open. I generally can sleep on any bed but this was not comfortable! Lumpy mattress and thin pillows. Add in the fact the toilet keot flushing itself about every hour through the night and I wasn’t too cheery by the morning! I complained at check out about the toilet noise waking me up and the staff were really apologetic and offered a partial refund (only after I declined a free breakfast) but I feel even with the discounted amount i still overpaid.

I also feel slightly missold on the room. Lovely internet images of Molton Brown toiletries in a nice bathroom with a bath. Even online and my email booking confirmation say the room has a bath. To turn up and find knock off molton brown no bath and a tiny shower cubicle with mildewy shower head that needed either a thorough scrub or just replacing. Didn’t live up to expectations.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018

A nice place to stay our room was in the court yard. Our room was a large, plenty of space to move a round and the bathroom was a nice size. Free parking but only so many places to park. Our car is a seven seater we only just manged to park the car has spaces are small.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My husband and I have just returned back to Yorkshire after a lovely weekend in Eton and Windsor and yet another lovely stay at The Christopher Hotel. We stay at the hotel at least four times a year to spend time with our family, always booking in advance. We visit at different times of the year and always have a most perfect time. As we take our little dog we have a room in the courtyard away from the reception area, which is ideal for us as we enjoy the peace and quiet these rooms provide. We always have breakfast, which is most enjoyable in the dining area overlooking Eton High Street. We have also on occasions used the bar for meals or a drink, with our family and received excellent service. The hotel is also steeped in history and has maintained its character, which is quite fascinating. The staff at The Christopher Hotel are amazing, very friendly and go out of their way to make us so feel welcome that we always look forward to going back. We have been recommended other hotels in the area; however, we never feel we want to try anywhere else and always cannot wait to return very soon.

Room Tip: Room in the courtyard away from the reception ensure a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family