Open today: 08:00 - 18:30
Review Highlights
My Tiger Moth flight, in G-ANNG

A superb experience, right from the Oscar winning pre-flight briefing to the perfect 3-point... read more

Reviewed 28 November 2018
GPMB1
Bristol, United Kingdom
Proper Flying!

Just 20 minutes in the Tiger Moth (in the capable hands of Mark) has to have been one of the best... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
tbt_8
Wilton, United Kingdom

All reviews tiger moth flying lesson open cockpit birthday present pre flight briefing minute flight english weather amazing experience bucket list great fun pilot acrobatics aircraft barney plane airborne engine
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This isn’t the first time I’ve flown in a DH82A Tiger Moth… but the last times were so long ago that I’d forgotten just how wonderful these old biplanes are. The first times were in the 1960s, when as a young Air Cadet, I flew from Redhill in the Tiger Cubs aircraft, including a night flight.

Roll on 50 years and it was time to re-live my memories, thanks to a wonderful and totally unexpected retirement gift from my work colleagues.

On a gloriously sunny June day I had a 30 min flight including videos and aerobatics. We left Old Sarum and flew out over Alderbury, where I live, and Longford Castle towards the open farmland between Salisbury, Fordingbridge and Downton. There we climbed to 3000 feet for a series of Aerobatics: in an open cockpit wonderful fun.

I’d had gliding experience in the late 1970s, so understood the basics, so from there my pilot gave me control and I flew down towards the Ashley Walk bombing range on the North Side of the New Forest, where the craters are very visible from the air. I passed control to the pilot as he explained the various features, then he handed the controls back to me for the return, flying along the A36 and passing over my house and Clarendon Park before I handed the controls back to my pilot for the last part and landing.

I’d been in the air for half an hour, it was a glorious experience and great fun: I’d recommend it to anyone.

Go Fly’s organisation was good, the pre-flight safety video effective, informative and amusing.

My video arrived a week or so later, very well put together and a wonderful reminder of a brilliant morning. I was amused to see that whilst I was in control my pilot had his hands outside the cockpit! From the cameras it was clear that my flying, straight and level and gentle turns, were done as well as I’d have hoped!

Lessons are tempting….!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

As told by others, had to wait for the English weather but was worth the wait. If you are looking for something different for a birthday present or a special occasion, look no further. The whole team at GoFly were friendly and professional, and I can thoroughly recommend this experience.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

First time ever flying an aircraft and this company really did provide a good intro experience for a decent price!

Chanced my luck on a clear day and was lucky enough to get booked in and within 10 minutes was in the air! Great experience! Thank you David! (Pilot) and GoFly for making experiences like this possible!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

A perfect day for sauntering over Wiltshire in a Tiger Moth and in the good hands of Reece, my pilot for the trip. The flight could not have been bettered for me in any way......well, apart from wanting lots more ! Just be aware.....it's windy and noisy but hey. What do you expect in an open cockpit aircraft ?! My trip was a gift from good friends and a gift it certainly was.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

First attempt got postponed due to wind conditions but Go Fly just reorganised the Red Letter experience flight for a later date - no problem. Friendly team, plenty of banter and my son really enjoyed the flight over Stonehenge and the Fovant badges.