Reviews (1 144)
1 144 results
All reviews the vine beautiful courtyard car park afternoon tea lovely old hotel pay and display historic hotel superior room lounge area lots of character scones four poster bed old building centre of town central location breakfast was excellent stayed here for one night
388 - 393 of 1 144 reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

My partner treated me to a night away for our 6th Valentine's Day together, from the outside, the hotel didn't look like much but as you walk under the arch you enter a beautiful little courtyard. Inside the hotel are beautiful old antiques such as mirrors, book cases and clocks, with their history attached for you to read which I thought was a lovely feature. As we entered our room I was gob smacked with its beautiful old wooden bed with a 6' headboard, fireplace and parts of the original walls of the hotel encased behind glass, the room was stunning and very Georgian. On a side note I was also informed that there are more modern rooms if that's not your thing. The bed was comfortable and we had a lovely nights sleep. The staff was really helpful and everywhere was spotless, I would defiantly go thee again

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie B
M W B, General Manager at Best Western Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01722 323334.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 19 February 2016

My husband and I had two nights away here mid week. The hotel is very clean and the service very good. We ate in the restaurant which was average, although the buffet breakfast was good. My only real disappointment was our room, which was located in another area of the building and accessed through an external door which led onto the main thoroughfare. This was incredible noisy in the morning with people leaving early. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui S

Reviewed 18 February 2016

My husband and I met relatives in Salisbury on Sunday (Valentine's Day). I decided to book afternoon tea at the Red Lion. My husband and I go there for lunch when we visit Salisbury and love the atmosphere and food we get there, so we thought afternoon tea would be a lovely treat for our relatives and a great place to sit, relax and catch up.

We received a warm welcome, and shown to a table in the lounge all ready set up for us. We made ourselves comfortable in the love,y sofas and chairs and waited for out tea to arrive.

My oh my. The smart,y dressedwaiter arrived carrying a tray with the pots of tea, followed by another waiter carrying two cake stands. now, I'm a bit of an Afternoon connoisseur, but Never have I seen such an amazing variety.

Sandwiches and quiche on the bottom layer, bake well tart, cherry Madeira and chocolate brownie on the middle layer and a scone, home made biscuits and millionaires shortbread on the top, together with a small pannacotta. Jam and cream were Separate. I've never had more cream than I needed for my scone before. all this for £12.00.

We had a wonderful time, chatting and slowly making our way through all the wonderful goodies.

It was a pity not many people were there as it would have made a bit better atmosphere.

The only reason I have given this a 4 and not a five is that having been served no one came to ask us if everything was OK, and if we wanted more tea? We had to go and find a waiter to ask for more, and were served quickly bit it would have been better if they had come to us.

Three days later, I was having afternoon tea elsewhere, paid twice as much and it wasn't a patch on The Red Lion.

Keep it up guys. You will be seeing me back and all the people I tell about you.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Azizam56

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel through Living Social which included a two night stay, three course dinner on the first night with a bottle of wine, afternoon tea with sparkling wine on the next day and breakfast on both mornings.

The room we stayed in was lovely and decorated very well. It was also cleaned every morning to a high standard too. The only down side was that at night time we could hear the traffic and people coming out of the pubs/clubs which woke me up. I don't think this is something the hotel could solve as we chose to stay in the city centre so perhaps not the best place to stay if you like peace and quiet.

The food in the restaurant was lovely and we couldn't fault it. The breakfast was also kept topped up with everything needed. The afternoon tea was excellent and the lounge also gave a nice atmosphere to eat it in.

The hotel is situated well and gave us the ability to walk around the city centre without the need for the car. Also only a 20 minute drive to Stonehenge which was also a nice to see.

All the hotel staff were extremely helpful and welcoming.

Overall we had an excellent stay and wouldn't hesitate in coming back!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan B

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Another good stay. The staff, as usual, were excellent, very friendly and willing to have a laugh.

I had what is becoming my regular room, and I feel very at home here.

The buffet breakfast was great, a good start to the day

As always, I look forward to my next stay at the Red Lion.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business