“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Add it.
Britannia
Ranked #84 of 170 Nightlife in Leeds
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I booked the room with their call centre, the young man i spoke with was uninterested and rude. I asked for a confirmation email and was refused. I asked for a postcode and was told to look it up on the internet!!! He also told me the hotel was 250 yards from to the airport so obviously I did not need a taxi to the airport. I found the postcode and noted on their website that transfers were required at £6 each. On arrival payment for the room had not been taken. I had made the payment with my husbands card so I ring him for authorisation. But according to the the shift supervisor this was not acceptable an email confirmation of payment was required. As my hubby is a technophobe this took ages. The the room assigned was not cleaned so the supervisor then had a radio conversation in front of us about room allocation, after 10 mins a room was found only for the maid to say "please stall them two, I don't want to be around when they get to their room". When we eventually go in the room the towels were so old they had holes in them and we had to go and ask for new towels, then we got a drink at the bar, I gave him £20 and he gave me change for £10 when I questioned it he asked me if I was sure, well I am not in the habit of trying to steal from businesses by claiming to give them more money than I did. On checking out the receptionist (a man) insisted we still had not paid and refused to give us our taxi voucher. After 10 mins of debating he realised we had paid and off we went. On our return my friend, who I traveled with had left a pair of PJ's in the room. Her late father had bought them for her so they had a sentimental value to them. She nipped back into the hotel to be confronted with the same supervisor who greeted us on our stay. My friend asked if they had a lost property box, which they did but housekeeping were not in so she would have to come back. As we were from Carlisle that was not going to happen. My friend asked where the box was, she was told it was in the room behind the reception but only housekeeping dealt with it. My friend asked if she would mind having a look in the box for said PJ's and was told she would mind as it was not her job.
THIS HOTEL IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE, IT HAS BEEN THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN, I WILL NEVER NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTELS AGAIN. I WOULD ADVISE STAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Booked for a funeral tea. Good service good value for money and the hot food was very appetising, just what you need on a cold day.