“Nice suprise!”

Ambiente Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #163 of 2 280 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Style: lively, classy, stylish and vibrant restaurant in the heart of Leeds’ trendy Calls Lane area Size: 94 covers, plus small bar and balcony Good for: couples, families, large parties, special occasions, working lunches, weekend drinks, casual lunch, formal dinner, access to Calls Wharf, Leeds Armories, Corn Exchange and city centre
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Whenver I go for tapas with a group of friends, I always find that I never get enough to eat as there are only perhaps a few dishes that I like - I'm not really a fussy eater but I don't like olives, anchovies, seafood, chorizo, big prawns etc etc. So when I saw the fixed menu for our group my heart sank! However, there was so much of everything so I had enough of what I do like and for once I didnt go hungry! The food was just delicious and everybody enjoyed what they ate. I loved the roasted cauliflower, patatas bravas (so often a disappointment), the albondigas were very tasty. There were so many other dishes including salad, seafood/chicken paella, big prawns and lots more. The service was good, as was the wine and would certainly be happy to return for more tapas.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 235)

39 - 43 of 1 236 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Wow its been a while since I've been so obsessed with a restaurant, Ambiente is my new favourite place. As the name calls, the ambience is lovely, but the food is the real star: patatas bravas, seafood paella, grilled octopus, chicken skewers, meatballs, every single dish was brilliant.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Visited at short notice on a Saturday night got lucky as they had a big party who just left and we got to use a table they vacated. Fabulous food lots of tapas choice and good size portions, currently pregnant so I can recommend the mocktails , meatballs are a must

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We decided to head to Ambiente as we only arrived in Leeds in Sunday afternoon and wanted somewhere we didn't feel rushed. Really glad we chose to visit as we ended up spending well over 3 hours having a great lazy Sunday afternoon filled with excellent food, cava and company. The food was lovely and catered well for the 3 vegetarians in our group! The cava was excellent-can't remember its name but it was in a colourful bottle. Service was spot on. Can recommend the baked goats cheese in particular. Will look forward to returning soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I love tapas, so I’m always keen to try out anywhere highly rated. Visited here on a Saturday lunchtime. Building is lovely. Nice balcony outside overlooking the river, where you can enjoy a drink and nibbles. Great service, friendly staff. Caters well to allergies. The problem? The food just wasn’t that great. Not bad, but not great. Left feeling a bit disappointed, so doubt we’ll return. Shame, as everything else was spot on.