“Dissapointing service”
Review of Comptoir Libanais

Comptoir Libanais
Reserve with OpenTable
Comptoir Libanais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 2 282 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times; amazing food & usually great attentive service.

There was only 2 waitresses working 2nite; the younger lady seemed 2 be doing all the work & as more people came in she was geting more & more stressed it was evident. Her co worker was swanning around doing nothing. Wen we asked for drinks from the lazy waitress; she didnt even botha bringing them ova. Both ladies had words in front of customers; which was very unprofessional.

We eventually left our food; who can have a meal with no drinks?? (The drink we didnt have were put on the bill 2 ) We gave the lady at the bar feedback but stil paid bill in full. Nothing was offered 2 us as recompense. The bar waitress appologised & said people had rang in sick & management dont put on enough workers thinking it will be quite.

Ended up being such a crappy evening & just not good enough 4 the prices they charge. Wont be going back in a hurry.

1  Thank Aisha A

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Visited a couple of months ago and were surprised at how lovely the food was, enjoyed the food so much that we thought we would actually travel an hour for another meal. Second time was no where near as good. Tangine was bland and lacked flavour, requested cous cous, however it came with rice. Staff were not attentive so I couldn’t actually mention that I had rice and not cous cous. Waited 20 minutes + for someone to come and clear the table and mentioned about not getting the cous cous, the waitress said she would apply a discount to the bill but this never happened. I don’t like to complain but the service must improve, the table next to us we’re not impressed and they were waiting 30 minutes just to order drinks. On a positive note the halloumi bread was delicious. Would I return a third time? Sadly not.

1  Thank zosia92
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I came with my husband and daughter on a Sunday for breakfast. We wanted something a bit different so came here, been wanting to try this place for a while. We had 2 big breakfasts and the vegetarian breakfast. All delicious! We also ordered fresh orange which was lovely. We'll definitely be back to try something on the rest of the menu.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I often stay in Leeds with work and can never resist this quirky place to eat. Lots of choice but my firm favourites are the chicken wings and mezze platter. Reasonable prices and set in a bright, colourful setting. Definitely worth a visit for some tasty food and drinks.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The important thing first is that the food is exceptionally good and holds an authentic taste. Having been to another Comptoir Libanais in the UK, I found that the food quality is the same and overall is the same experience; but do expect to pay on average £11 for a plate (meat, salad, rice). When it comes to service, it needs improvement. I rate waiters to be over-enthusiastic and rushing me to make an order. When I arrived at the restaurant I told the waiter that I was waiting for one more guest. Between the time I sat down and the other guest arrived, I was approached three times to ask if I was ready, each time by a different staff member. Though I can appreciate them wanting to increase the turnover rate of tables during a busy period, I find it rather stressful during non-busy times.

Though I cannot say that I was disappointed, just service could make people feel a tad more comfortable. Unlike other restaurants, the tables in this one are less packaged and feel less clustered. Another improvement would be to have a member of staff around the door to meet customers with better signs. The entrance is shared with the cinema upstairs, and as a new customer it was a bit confusing.

The quality of the lemonade I wasn't so happy about either, it looked and tasted more like sugar water with a bit of lemon. Like something you use to catch ants. Other Comptoir Libanais have freshly squeezed lemonade with plenty of lemon.

1  Thank EarlKing