“Great place to eat”
Review of The Cats Pyjamas

The Cats Pyjamas
Ranked #182 of 2 247 Restaurants in Leeds
Description: This is our 2nd Cats Pyjamas site in Leeds city centre!
Description: This is our 2nd Cats Pyjamas site in Leeds city centre!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Ate here for a work night out - about 12 of us - brilliant food - really tasty and reasonably priced and lots and lots of veggie options - beer was really good too and great to get local Kirkstall breweries as an option rather than the standard kingfisher or Cobra options
Our waitress was really good and just the subtle customer service extras of remembering our drinks when we ordered another round and being genuinely engaging and making sure we were having a good time really helped the mood of the evening - she even indulged in a bit of banter - I was first to arrive and sitting at a table for 12 on my own and I made some joke about "My friends are coming soon honest!" and she said "It's ok - we don't judge!" which really made me laugh and just set the mood for the evening - just wish I had caught her name but we were a group of 12 on the evening of Tuesday 26th June (by far the biggest group in that night) so hopefully her bosses can work out who she was as she was great really made our night go well

2  Thank Wombletrotters
Thomas_B_2508, General Manager at The Cats Pyjamas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the review! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that Robyn kept you entertained and we've passed on your lovely words of praise. Please do come again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here one Thursday evening after work and it didn’t disappoint. The food was very good, we got a selection of dishes which we shared. I was very impressed with the service, it got very busy but the service was really good, I would especially like to mention Adam who was very friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble for him. We will visit again.

1  Thank Jodie1973
Thomas_B_2508, General Manager at The Cats Pyjamas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Jodie,

Thanks for the smashing review! I'm really happy to see that you enjoyed your date night, and doubly pleased to see that our resident charmer Adam could make it so special! Please do think of us the next time you have a special occasion or even just fancy a quick bite after shopping!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Meal out with friends in June 2018. My first visit and probably my last. The décor is made to look like a street food café but it's definitely not street food prices. We all had a starter and main with accompaniment (i.e. naan bread) plus approximately a pint of lager each and it came to £25 per person. I had lamb rogan josh and expected the meat to be tender/falling apart but it was tough and I had to cut up as they were very big chunks so I left some. I've had much nicer curries from my local takeaway so I wouldn't recommend eating here. Also, my friend's curry was forgotten about so she had to wait longer.

2  Thank AmandaWestYorks
Thomas_B_2508, General Manager at The Cats Pyjamas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for taking the time to give us this review. Feedback is always useful to ensure that we're giving the best possible food and service, and I'm sorry that you felt on this occasion we let you down. We strive to ensure that every dish is the very best that we can produce, and it's upsetting to see that you were served a less than perfect dish. I've passed your comments onto our kitchen team and they've been in touch with our meat supplier to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I do hope that you give us another chance to prove that this was a rare one off.

Thanks,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Walked in and felt at ease straight away. Punchy art and modern feel to the place. Open kitchen so nothing to hide!
Waitress was lovely and gave us plenty of time to decide what we wanted and it felt like we were no bother. Certainly didn't feel rushed after we had finished eating either.
We had the pani puri which definitely needed more tamarind chutney in them. The kolkata chaat which we really enjoyed. The currys and tandoori salmon were good but nothing made them stand out from other restaurants. I will go back to try the other street food snacks.

1  Thank f00dfancier
Thomas_B_2508, General Manager at The Cats Pyjamas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the review! I'm really glad you felt welcomed and at home with us, and I do hope you'll come again soon - we're changing up our menu and have some absolute crackers on there!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Called in on a Sunday afternoon about 4_30. We just had main meals and the poppdomscwith chutney twice as it was so good. I fancied the mix grill but was told the grilled dishes are small and more of a starter. I went for the prawn and coconut curry with rice glad I did it was superb. My partner went for the grilled salmon and couldn't speak highly of it. This has to be the best curry I have had in Leeds.

1  Thank Nick H
Thomas_B_2508, General Manager at The Cats Pyjamas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review! It's really, really lovely to see that you enjoyed yourselves and we're in complete agreement - the salmon is to die for! Please do come down to see us again soon; we're changing up our menu and there are some cracking new dishes on the way!