Old Silent Inn(Stanbury)
US$108
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbar menugame pieexcellent hotelbronte parsonageevening meal in the restaurantlovely foodhotel restaurantthe pubworth valleylovely viewcobbled streetcar parkcooked to perfectionfish and chipsenjoyable staya great place to stayhigh street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went in here a few times over the weekend we stayed in Haworth had a few different craft beers named after the Bronte sisters.All was fine the bar maid was lovely and a bonus was there was a singer on aswell. We would return if back in Haworth.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I had booked rover tickets on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway and starting from Keighley decided to have lunch in Haworth. We picked the Old White Lion as friends had celebrated their golden wedding there and the "spread " was excellent. Once again we were not disappointed. We both chose from the specials. I had pork loin, with a potato rosti and cabbage in a pepper sauce with vegetables served separately. My wife chose the char grilled chicken with Moroccan cous cous and a green salad. Both meals were sumptuous, the only criticism being that they didn't leave any room for pudding. The good thing it was all down hill to the station.

1  Thank nigelasingleton
Reviewed 11 June 2018

This hotel is located in a historic building in Haworth a short walk away from the Bronte Parsonage and parish church. Our room was clean, well-furnished and had an excellent view of the surrounding countryside. We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel; both meals were good I remember the steak was especially good. Breakfast is a "full English" i.e. egg, bacon, sausage, tomato, beans. The hotel offers free parking, however it was full when we arrived so they gave us an overnight permit for the public parking lot which is nearby.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

If you come to Haworth then avoid this place like the plague. Apparently the landlord went on holiday having organised a quiz night (you really wouldn’t believe how exciting that is for a place like this), the bar was packed and just one barmaid. Not only just one barmaid but possibly the slowest barmaid in the world. I stood there for 15 minutes while she served one customer then watched as the next customer ordered two coffees and realised it was going to be just as long. As there were two more before me I gave up and left.
If you do risk it, bring a sleeping bag!!!!

1  Thank Kevin193
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for my birthday. Jo met us when we arrived and let us leave our bags while we went for a wander waiting for the room to be ready. It’s a great little pub with a pool table, right up our street! The room was spotless, facilities were excellent and breakfast was huge!! There is a smaller option but we failed to spot it when we ordered. The chap behind the bar told us where to go walking to see Top Withens which we did the next morning. I left my phone charger in the room when we left and Jo was lovely enough to post it out to me, keeping me updated on its progress! We would highly recommend for a short break in beautiful Haworth.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple