“Great coffee Good Cakes”
Review of Attibassi Espresso Bar - CLOSED

Attibassi Espresso Bar
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Enjoy some of the best coffee in Chichester or sample an unrivalled range of hand-picked wines, beers and spirits in a welcoming environment. Forum (formerly known as Attibassi) opened in July 2012 and has been delighting locals and visitors to the city ever since! Run by owner Marc Perry, Forum offers an independent, welcoming and friendly place for good coffee with a friend; a pre-work pick me up; a post-work wind down; for dog lovers and a well-used meeting venue.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Came here as a birthday treat as pudding after a lunchtime meal.
Coffee great, had a little swig of the espresso before putting it into my Latte good flavour and just the right amount of acidity.
Lemon cake a great palate cleaner... will come again

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank foxbatDorset

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I don’t really like giving poor reviews, but sometimes and hopefully it will be taken constructively.

The coffee – presented well, but too hot, bitter and was just unpleasant. I freely admit I am a coffee snob, as is my son, who really disliked this coffee, so two views.

That in itself, would not be my reason to give a poor review, someone might love this coffee, it’s very personal. The place is filthy, and a horrible whiff of disinfectant, does not enhance a poor drink.

Not being a Chi resident, I assume this is a bar in the evening, so the poor décor, dirt etc, is overlooked when packed with drinkers. But …. I was there during the day (early PM) so it needs a good clean and a barista on hand with quality beans ! for day time service.

Date of visit: April 2017
4  Thank Jono M
Reviewed 19 April 2017

What a discovery. Brilliant coffee, fine atmosphere, so different from those dull chains, and round the corner from our b&b so we went there in the morning and evening of our 4 day stay. Reasonable prices, and turns into a wine bar as well at night and was showing a movie (Halloween!) on a screen one of the nights we popped in for an after meal coffee. Relaxed and friendly feel, really nice staff who actually greet you, and deserves to be doing well.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank moomintroll_10
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I go to lots of coffee shops and to be honest you get a good Americano in most. So it's all down to the atmosphere and the staff. This place has friendly staff and it's in a picturesque part of Chichester, which is a bit boring.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Visited with a friend following a recommendation. One from me - don't visit until after 12 noon. We arrived around at 10:30 for a morning coffee and the entire place stank of bleach. I asked the waitress about this, she rather flatly explained it would smell that way until after 12 as the cleaners worked on a morning. Less harsh products perhaps? Great coffee but sadly overpowered by the industrial-strength odour and disinterested service.

Date of visit: December 2016