Reviews (1 683)
1 683 results
All reviews bar and grill health club golf break play golf chef restaurant lovely hotel sculpture park leisure facilities changing rooms hotel guests race track birthday treat waiting staff enjoyable stay garden room high standard relaxing break
347 - 352 of 1 683 reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We had a super room, spacious with bathrobes, TV and comfy beds. Air conditioning really nice as very hot weather. Apart from noisy neighbours the first night it was all vry nice. The swimming pool was very nice, warm jacuzzi with steam room. There is a golf course around the hotel which we have played on but not this time. Staff all helpful.
Breakfast was the best I have had. Loads of fruit, yoghurt, cereals, fresh orange juice and pastries. Plus ordered cooked food, anything you would like. Sausages wonderful.
So a great stay

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you for your kind review of The Goodwood Hotel. It is always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed our facilities and I will certainly pass on your comments regarding the breakfast to Chef! I am pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful and that you enjoyed your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Best Regards,

Maeva Imber
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2016

The Goodwood estate is vast and varied. Aerodrome, sculpture park, motor racing, golf.
The estate Hotel is well equipped and comfortable but disappoints on several levels.
Poorly trained staff, some with a questionable grasp of English. Poor front of house staff did not know how to handle a situation where residents abused the disabled parking spaces. No soap in bedrooms bathroom. Waiting staff at the Grill ignored our table for 50 minutes, we had to go to the ice bucket to fetch our wine. Go to the bar to ask for desert menus. The lack of basic attention set such a bad impression.

Room Tip: Avoid upstairs rooms with no lift.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of The Goodwood Hotel. I am very pleased that you appreciated the many facilities that The Goodwood Hotel and Estate have to offer, but am concerned about your disappointment with the staff. I will pass your comments on to our Deputy General Manager, James Sandercock so that he can address the training issues you experienced and the lack of bathroom amenities. I am so sorry that this left you with a bad impression, and I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can show you the high standard of service to which we aspire.

Best Regards,

Maeva Imber
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Goodwood as a location has everything I need as a 48 year old adolescent. Racing cars, fighter planes, walks, spa, golf etc. The hotel is the icing on the cake. Great service, comfortable rooms, gym and spa. One of my favourite places. As a hotel guest you also get exclusive access to The Kennels private members and fine dining.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the activities that Goodwood offers, and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

spent 1 night here to attend The Quiz Night at The Kennels and for our friends to enjoy a round of golf at Goodwood Golf.welcoming staff,enjoyable tea and freshly made scones,pleasant well-appointed room and a hearty nicely presented breakfast. will return.

Room Tip: it is in a quiet location but some rooms overlook the golf parking so there can be some early morning disturbance as the golfers arrive.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to hear that you had a great Quiz night and that you all enjoyed your afternoon tea and Golf experience. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I really liked the hotel. Very traditional but in a delightfully elegant way. The whole time I felt like I was part of a wedding party waiting for the wedding. The staff was nothing short of exceptional, although one of the desk clerk referred to me as "the American lady " in front of me as if I weren't there, she most likely didn't mean anything by it. I was there for work and woke up late so although I paid for breakfast I only had it once. The continental part was very nice but I ordered an omelet and that took FOREVER! There are also no elevators and the setting is a little strange so I got lost on the way to my room a couple of times. Other than that it was really beautiful. I would have enjoyed it way more if I could take advantage of all the amenities like the gym and the pool but I worked 14 hour days and spent my weekend in London so I never got the chance to.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the Hotel team made you feel special. I would like to apologise on behalf on my colleague who certainly did not mean it in any way, and to let you know that training has been organised at the Front Desk following your useful comments. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.