“Second visit, after a poor first. ”

Cyrus Persian Restaurant Coventry
Ranked #146 of 646 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cyrus is a family friendly, restaurant where we serve delicious Persian food using the finest traditional ingredients made by our experienced Chef.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Food still very poor. Menu poorly designed with regards to combination of meats, especially the platters which consist of mainly kofte, the cheapest and in my opinion least tasty grilled meat.

Service is also slow.

1  Thank Blurredlimes

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Cyrus is literally around the corner from where I live. It's one of those places where I have looked at it when going the shop a few doors down and thinking "I have to try there soon". But for one reason or another never got round to it.

More fool me

On my door step is this fantastic resteraunt. Can not believe I haven't been before. The food is excellent and didn't take too long. The waiter did inform us that as it's slow cooked would be a little wait. No problem we just ordered a starter of flat bread and humus. Those who complained about the waiting time on other reviews clearly don't know how to cook meat properly as slow is the best way. Also the quality is fantastic for the price range.

The waiter is very friendly and gave helpful hints of how to best enjoy our dish. The place is well presented and feels very welcoming.

I will be going again for sure just a shame it took me so long as I have missed out.

3  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Friday night visit for the good value buffet. Friendly staff and good choice of starters and mains. Overall most enjoyable.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

The food was very tasty and the service was efficient. Nice surroundings and facilities. The £1 corkage charge per glass makes it reasonably priced. Going again.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Live near here but my one experience was good. No drinks license but ok to bring in.
Service good and as well as set menu have buffet.