“Lovely food.... ruined by awful crowd”
Review of Town Crier

Town Crier
Ranked #36 of 647 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: The Town Crier is a city centre pub serving homemade food along with a selection of cask ales. We have live music every Saturday night with some really great bands not to be missed.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I've always been a big fan of the town crier but after todays visit I'll never be going back. Popped in for some lunch today...and the lovely food was completely ruined by a rowdy group who came in. I understand some noise is too be expected but they were completely out of control. Screaming, shouting, swearing and banging on the table. The bar staff did absolutely nothing.... would they like to eat their lunch in that environment? So disappointing as the food was nice but completely ruined. We rushed the lunch as didn't feel comfortable staying in that sort of environment.

James P, Manager at Town Crier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Rebecca I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit on this occasion, I will be speaking to the staff and making sure that they are on top of rowdy customers in the pub as they usually are.. If you could email me at towncrier.Coventry@marstons.co.uk or call the pub direct on 02476632317 and ask for me I'm sure there is something we can do for you to make sure your next visit is more enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I have been popping in here for two decades, not much has changed.
Beer still OK, service average, prices reasonable and a certain type of customer... Better / worse pubs in city..
See you in another 6 months..

James P, Manager at Town Crier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Mark thanks for the review sorry we didn't give you much to shout about but if you could email me at towncrier.Coventry@
martons.co.uk with any recomendatiosn on how we can improve for your next visit that would be great.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Called for a Coffee and subsequently a lunchtime meal with wife.
Service was efficient and very prompt. Food was excellent along with the value.
Apart from there being 'NO COORS' a very pleasant visit and will definitely visit again.
Thanks very much.

James P, Manager at Town Crier, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for the great review sorry about having no Coors Light but good to know you enjoyed your visit and the food was excellent.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Passing by with friends and thought we would pop in last Wednesday. Glad we did!

We had fish and chips and shepherds pie, portion sizes were excellent and tasted really great but the highlight was the home made carrot cake.

Very impressed this place and will be back to try some more cake.

James P, Owner at Town Crier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

I will !!!! Thank You for the great review I'm pleased we were able to impress and hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere and service were great but would come back for the food as it was amazing. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the great feedback Kyla and am glad you really enjoyed your food and hope to see you again.

Kind Regards