Reviews (3 494)
3 495 results
2 020
2 020
All reviews medieval banquet afternoon tea four poster bed feature room garden restaurant grand feature lady craven scones murder mystery country park spiral staircase nooks and crannies garden room roll top bath beautiful hotel steeped in history finger sandwiches
173 - 178 of 3 495 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel last night. At 6.30pm at night we went down to reception and reported a light bulb that was flashing in our room also requested an iron and ironing board. We got back to our room NO ironing or ironing board and bulb still flashing so sat in the dark until my husband could take the bulb out. We tried to call to ask again for the iron NO answer. We NEVER got the iron or board. When we went to check out the receptionist greeted me then continued to speak to her colleague instead of deal with me. At no point was I asked if I’d enjoyed my stay or greeted in anyway that was personal. Premier Inn have treated me better. The hotel was beautiful but the way we have been treated by the staff,we won’t be coming back.

1  Thank Shelley_L_Bow
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Very many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit here to Coombe Abbey
Please do accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings that you encountered during your stay. I genuinely hope that you will reconsider your decision about returning at some point in the future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Coombe abbey on a Saturday night and had one night in a feature room. There were three weddings going on whilst we were there and one was a massive Asian wedding so there were plenty people buzzing about. The hotel itself is very unique and our room was cool, big and a good view from the front entrance with big four poster bed. The bad points is there is only a very small bar, with nowhere really to lounge and sit and relax. The staff all seemed overworked probably because of the weddings though. Although our dinner was included in our stay the menu was very limited and we ended up paying extra for the Al Carte menu which i wouldn’t describe as cheap. However food quality was very good in the restaurant. But the chairs were mega uncomfortable and they looked liked the belong in a conservatory......which is pretty much what the style of the garden room restaurant is...but is unacceptable for a high end hotel fine dining experience. No table cloths on table either for dinner. Again you would expect that in a normal fine dining experience elsewhere.breakfast was decent. The grounds to the hotel are very lovely and well worth a walk around. Other main point is you have to pay £5 to park because it is part of a national park with a main bigger parking area for everyone that goes there really if you are a guest at the hotel i think you should get a parking voucher included.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a constructive review following your recent visit here to Coombe Abbey.
As you have mentioned the hotel is indeed an extremely popular venue for all sorts of events but I sincerely hope that this did not detract from your overall enjoyment.
You will be pleased to hear that the chairs in the restaurant were changed this week, hopefully you will approve should you return at some point in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Just had lovely stay a few little things would of made it better had afternoon tea was assisted by a gentleman to table I asked if we could sit outside but he said no couldn't understand why as there were tables free all they needed doing was clearing as it was a very hot afternoon and I found it to warn inside, food was lovely would of been nice to have been asked if things were ok or if we needed any top up with anything but nothing but one of the lady's did give us a box to take the food.not eaten with us away which was very pleasant and she was again at breakfast gentlemen take note of her service !!, Also in the evening went to have drink asked for a Hendricks gin cocktail but was s told there was no fresh mint for it surely in a place like this there would be mint growing in the garden , room was nice the hidden book case into bathroom was good apart from the sink which was blocked so had to use bath to wash hands and teeth not ideal did inform reception before breakfast which was sorted by the time we got back from breakfast but still was going down slow think it needs further investigation , but apart from that the hotel and grounds are lovely and we would return ..

1  Thank gousee
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Good evening
Whilst I am extremely pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay and would happily return in the future, please do accept my sincere apologies for the number of little niggles that you unfortunately encountered during your stay. Thank you so much for bringing these points to my attention so that appropriate action may be taken.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Stayed one night for a function and business event. Very comfortable and good food, but it is rather dark and gloomy because for its gothic décor. Rather like staying in the Victoria and Albert museum. Several times I walked into dead ends or fire escapes as it had a quirky layout. I couldn't even see my door handle and door lock in order to get in the room! The medieval banquet is fun!

Room Tip: Say if you want to be in the main hotel or the modern wing,
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Good evening
Thank you for taking the opportunity of leaving a review following your recent visit here to Coombe Abbey
I was pleased to hear that overall you appear to have had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Four of us had a gift of Afternoon Tea at Coombe Abbey. The Abbey/Hotel is very impressive - very ancient and atmospheric. It is situated in parkland of many acres and boasts a lake and formal gardens as well as woodland walks.
The Tea was a delight - finger sandwiches with some unusual but tasty fillings, scones with clotted cream and preserve and a selection of delicious small cakes (again, a bit out of the ordinary.) There was a choice of teas and it was nice that we were offered an alternative as a "top up".
The service was not as attentive as it might have been but staff were very pleasant.
The ladies in our party comp!ained that while the Men's toilet was on the ground floor, to reach the Ladies' they had to climb flights of stairs. That was the only negative comment.

Stayed: August 2017
Ron T, General Manager at Coombe Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us following your recent visit here to Coombe Abbey for afternoon tea.
I was pleased to read that you found the food a delight & please do accept my sincere apologies if you felt the service could have been a little more attentive, I can assure you that this will be discussed with our Restaurant Manager.
I hope that this will not deter you from returning at some point in the future.