All reviewsgave us free drinkslarge free car parklarge roomrooms are nicebar foodbusiness tripmember of stafflovely hotelhot waterstayed for one nightbar areaother guestscomfortable bedpolicingassessmentmustardmodernisation
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Just stayed 2 nights on business and found this hotel satisfactory at best. The general manager comes across as rude and insincere; both evenings the restaurant and bar were virtually empty however the staff were unable to deliver the food on time or to the correct table meaning that we ended up eating separately. We complained and received a complimentary drink and meal but no apology.
This appeared to be a common experience with most guests.
That said, the food was was very tasty and well cooked when it did arrive.
The rooms and decor are very tired and I found the hotel to be noisy at night, especially from early hours as the bulk of guests were staying on business/work and there was lots of comings and going from 4am. The hotel is literally on an A road so lots of traffic noise and no outside space to sit.
The mini gym is a joke, and with no air con, was unusable in this heat.
The most professional and friendly staff member in my opinion is the front of house manager, Edward. His customer service and knowledge is fantastic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
CitrusCoventry, Front Office Manager at Citrus Hotel Coventry by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Petunia709,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your recent stay here at Citrus Hotel Coventry. It is disappointing to hear you experienced some issues during your stay which fell below the high level of customer service we aim to deliver on a daily basis.

I would like to discuss these concerns further with you by asking you to email myself at fom@citrushotelcoventry.co.uk where I will be on hand to investigate these issues . I want to assure you that we take all reviews very seriously and will work harder to resolve these issues with utmost professionalism.

I look forward to hearing from you in the nearby future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I have been working in Coventry for the last five weeks and stayed at this hotel for the last three with 9 other colleagues.
The rooms are clean, spacious and very comfy, all staff are very friendly and are willing to help at any time of the day or night.
I would especially like to say a big thank you to the chef who has organised some fantastic evening meals for us all.
Regards

Kevin barker

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
CitrusCoventry, Front Office Manager at Citrus Hotel Coventry by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear kevinbarker2,

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay here at Citrus Coventry. It is pleasing to hear you have found your time with us enjoyable and the team are making you feel welcome. We pride ourselves on delivery excellent customer service and to ensure we do this consistently on a daily basis.

We do hope to see you visit again in the nearby future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed hear while away on business with work, we booked last min as there was a mix up with another hotel, we booked in and payed but we had booked though a last min room site and they had a holding card to charge in case we didn’t turn up, the next morning I checked my bank to see both the site & the hotel had charged my room? I asked the manager on duty and he said we should have payed anything when we booked in as they can’t o we rule the online payment! He refunded up but got told it be 3 working days before we get our money back! This was a big problem for me as didn’t have that sort of money while away!
My room was very dated and was not clean! There was dust and water marks on the roof and stains on the sofa, The shower was like a trickle and wasn’t sure on the taking a bath after the state of room!
Breakfast I wouldn’t bother with as it was shocking, lukewarm food, horrible tea and juice and toaster was out of order!
Emailed manger and got told they now put the room out of order as cleaner had told them about the marks the morning I stayed! So why was I put in the room? Also got told that at £98 a night I got a bargain as rooms are normally £200+ well I wouldn’t pay £50 a night never mind £200!! Left felling stressed and angry. Got offered a half price room next time but there won’t be a next time.

Dear rebeccawu8904LY,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay here at Citrus Coventry. I do appreciate the feedback you have highlighted here and I do believe we have made attempt to discuss the matter personally.

If you do have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff from the minute you arrive and always looking to accommodate with any queries that you may have. The rooms are large with comfortable beds and a choice of hard or soft pillows. Choice of bath or shower in each en-suite room with clean towels everyday.
Meals are very well prepared and if you have any needs or requirements the chef and her staff are happy to help.
The management team are very friendly and enjoy having a bit of banter with the guests and are very approachable if you require any help with anything.
OverallI would rate this 8.5 out of 10 and very impressed

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
CitrusCoventry, Front Office Manager at Citrus Hotel Coventry by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Deeks2171,

Thank you for your recent stay here with us at Citrus Coventry. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from guests staying here. I am pleased to hear the amenities available in the rooms are sufficient for you and this is a key area for us to ensure we maintain high standards.

We are proud to have a very dedicated Kitchen team who thrive on achieving high standards and consistency on a daily basis. I will be sure to pass on feedback to the team who will be delighted to hear of this.

All the feedback we receive , we share with the team and we celebrate on every good positive feedback we get.

We do sincerely hope to see you visit in the nearby future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for five nights on business. Rooms very comfortable and modern. Very good breakfast with cooked and cold options. Good selection of evening meals (recommend the lamb shank. ) very friendly and helpful staff and right on the main into Coventry.

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay with us here at Citrus Coventry. It is pleasing to hear you had a lovely stay with us finding the rooms to be comfortable and modern. I am also delighted to hear that you found the breakfast offerings to be of an very good standard and the restaurant food provided is up to the high standards we aim to deliver consistently on a daily basis.

We do sincerely hope to see you visit again in the nearby future.