“Forgotten customer!”

Get food delivered
Ranked #129 of 340 Quick Bites in Birmingham
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Our company was established in Germany over 30 years ago and has built up to more than 45 branches worldwide, all selling high quality Doner Kebabs. We serve 100% lean succulent meat in handmade breads with fresh crisp salad and a choice of our three signature sauces. German Doner Kebab. Kebabs done right.
Reviewed 4 April 2021

*having to use bfs account as mine wont work*

I went in to this branch 29th March as I'm trying to eat less carbs. I ordered the Gym box (beef and salad) meal instore. It was a little busy but they had quite a few staff on. My order was 82, and the lady on the till said "The printer is broken but that's your order number" I said ok and waited to the side. A guy came in ordered a beef box. His order was 83. His order was soon called out in a couple of minutes it seemed, but i figured i must of misheard what he ordered, and kept waiting. A few deliveries went past me, i thought ok they must of been waiting before me.

Two guys came in and ordered a couple of deals (or the family one) and 5 minutes later his order #84 was called. This is when my brain clicked and i thought hang on where is mine its smaller than this order and i was first. I went to the till and asked why is it this order was ready but not mine. The lady who served me at this point dashed off (she must of known she had forgotten me??) The guy (manager?) looked completely gormless and said "ok we will do it now" I said no you've had a good 15minutes to complete my order but have completely forgotten about me, i want a refund this is unacceptable." The guy said ok and completed a refund. Not at one point was i offered a simple drink to say sorry, this alone would of made me feel better.

He gave a half-hearted pathetic apology and blamed the printer. You should not be blaming a printer for forgetting a customer that's standing right in front of you for 15mins! To me that's terrible customer service that you rely on a piece of equipment. I work in food retail and wouldn't dream of this. In my company we are taught to make it right straight away and make sure the customer leaves the shop happy. He could of offered a drink or my meal for free for waiting for so long but he did not. This in turn now makes me write bad reviews everywhere i can and tell everyone i can about this bad service. This also loses you at least one customer for life.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank samuelrY5994LH
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi samuelrY5994LH,

Thank you for deciding to leave a review for German Doner Kebab in Birmingham City Centre.

We are extremely disappointed to hear of this poor customer service you received, we can assure you that this is not the kind of standard we aim to have at German Doner Kebab.

We will be getting in contact with the restaurant with regards to this review to ensure that this never happens again!

However, in the meantime we would like to redeem ourselves, in your eyes, if you could get in contact with us and we can hopefully do just that:

Write a reviewReviews (302)

Reviewed 30 March 2021

My son ordered five box meals from their menus after waiting well over an hour the food arrived with one box missing when my son rang back they fobbed him off by asking him to ring JUST EATS apparently when you order through them they deal with your issues, I then rang back myself and explained that he and his friends were not only made to wait but there was a box short and I was not happy as they had ruined their night to be fair he in turn apologized and said that if I was to come in store which was some 15 miles away he would give me the box and an extra box so I drove down and he did what he said and was apologetic I noticed other customers in front of me and in the que with the same issues however I left got home opened the boxes and long behold all it was packed with was salad and fried and a few strips of meat in both boxes a complete waste of time money not to mention ripping people off!!
I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO THIS SO CALLED GERMAN DONNER KEBAB PLACE WHY SELL DONNER KEBAB WHEN YOU ONLY GIVE OUT A FEW STRIPS AT A TIME MY LOCAL CHIPPIE GIVES YOU MORE AND IT TASTES THE SAME FOR HALF THE PRICE!!!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank 144namitk
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Hello 144namitk,

Thank you for decidng to leave a review for GDK on Bull Street in Birmingham.

We are extremely disappointed to hear of this negative experience you had with us where you were unsatisfied with your meal, we can assure you that this is not the kind of standard we aim to have.

We have alerted the restaurant of this review to ensure that improvements are made.

Despite this, we hope that you will dine with us again soon and let us redeem oursevles.

Reviewed 23 February 2021

The restaurant is currently open for takeaway only due to COVID-19. The venue is not able to take bookings over the phone to collect but you can order through Deliveroo or Uber Eats.
The food I ordered was the GYM Box which is sold as their healthy option. Vegetables and Salad served crisp and fresh at correct temperature and the chicken kebab meat was to die for which was presented shredded and lean. The food choice was delicious and very appetising. I would strongly recommend the food here as it represents a healthy option to the usual Doner Kebab stores.

Date of visit: February 2021
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Hello thomas c,

Thank you so much for deciding to leave this amazing review for GDK in Birmingham's city centre.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed eating our healthy yet delicious Gym Box!
Next time you visit, you could try our other healthy option, the Kcal Kebab? You will not regret it.

Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

I first attended this place over a year ago and was shocked to see that all i got was salad in bread with a few shavings of meat and swore never to come back.

It was snowing and was the closest place to go and how suprised i was when i attended, portion sizes and quality were at top level.

Chips were piping hot, staff were lovely and service was very quick.

Will definitely be back again.

Date of visit: January 2021
3  Thank yacineb347
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Hello yacineb347,

Thank you for deciding to leave this great review of your GDK experience in Birmingham City Centre.
We are delighted to hear that our portion size and quality are of a top level and that our staff provided lovely service.
We look forward to your return! You could try our Doner Spring Rolls?

Reviewed 12 January 2021

We tried this restaurant to give it our support as it has only recently opened. What a mistake, it took over an hour and a half to receive our delivery and even then the order was completely wrong. When order eventually arrived I called the restaurant to let them know items were missing. The young waitress on the phone was apologetic however I could overhear her asking the franchise owner what could be done to put things right. The answer was please accept our apologies but get in touch with Deliveroo for a refund but I then asked can you not send a replacement? I was told categorically no. Unfortunately this I will be my first and last time of using this restaurant. Incidentally we are still awaiting a refund.

Date of visit: January 2021
German Doner Kebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab - Birmingham - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2021

Hi Steven Blue,

We are really disappointed to see this and we can assure you that this is not the kind of standard we aim to have.

We would like to redeem ourselves, in your eyes, if you could get in contact with us and we can hopefully do just that: