“Great Shop”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$13,21*
and up
Sightseeing Birmingham open top bus tour
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were on a course but went shopping afterwards.This shop had everything that a girl wants .Open to 8 every night is great

SelfridgesOfficial, Customer Services at Selfridges, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our Birmingham store. We hope you found something special to treat yourself to.

Please come and see us again soon.

Anna-lee

in 18 reviews
"shoes"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I love wandering around Selfridges with the range of clothes, make-up, perfumes, and foods. I make visiting the store part of every trip to Birmingham.

I've always found the staff in the food hall very friendly, particularly in Ed's Diner.

The selection of make-up brands is excellent, but I wish the staff would back off a bit. I like to browse, and select my purchases with care. I don't mind being asked if I would like help, but watching my every move makes me feel uncomfortable.

Expressing visible disappointment when a customer doesn't want to buy more items is not good, it can make an enjoyable experience a pressurised one. I want to feel that I'm choosing a quality product that I'm going to enjoy using. I don't want to feel pressured because the person helping me wants me to buy more.

It would be good if staff could be reminded that perhaps their customer is enjoying a special treat and that what they are buying is what they can afford.

SelfridgesOfficial, Customer Services at Selfridges, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We're so glad to hear that you enjoy visiting our store, in particular our Diner.

However, we're also sorry to hear that you feel this way about our ins-store service. Rest assured this is not how we aspire for our customers to feel, so we'll ensure that your feedback is passed over to the relevant personnel.

Madi

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I entered Selfridges Birmingham today after fully researching the Charlotte Tilbury range and knowing specifically the pallet I wanted to purchase as a gift for a friend. I was unfortunately met with extremely rude service when I said I wasn't interested in the complimentary lip shades.

The employee in question threw the new palette into the paper Selfridges bag against the marble counter with such force that I had to check that it was not damaged! Futher-more, the demand "What's your email" was barked in my direction, not the pleasant "Can I take your email for a receipt" which I have learned through working in retail myself. Thankfully the surly service briskly concluded but it was also noticeable from the friend who was present how quickly the employee wanted to get me away from the counter.

I feel extremely dissatisfied with this frankly aggressive and brisk experience, especially when representing such an exclusive and high class brand such as Charlotte Tilbury, the founder of which is known for her warming personality.

Hi Claudia,

We're sorry to hear about your experience in our store.

This is not the level of service we aim to provide our customers.

Please could you email us at CS@Selfridges.com so we can look into this further.

Eloise

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Visited this luxurious store and was pleasantly suprised! Well laid out with different brands on display spread across different floors - Givenchy, Kate Spade, McQueen, Burberry etc and a beautiful shoe gallery - Jimmy Choo, Loubotin etc. I was shocked to see Primark sections for both Male and Female especially as it is a budget brand with a branch within walking distance! They were even using Primark bags as well. There is a large Food Hall as welll and the whole layout of the building is very good, bright and beautifully decorated. Not to be missed!

1  Thank vykye2000
SelfridgesOfficial, Customer Services at Selfridges, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to our store.

We do hope that you treated yourself to something nice.

Please do come and see us again soon.

Eloise

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I am a big fan of Selfridges generally and have been shopping there for years. The staff are very attentive and helpful in the Birmingham store. Even though it is compact the selection of concessions is great. I enjoy shopping there and going for a drink in Fumo on the top floor which I cannot fault. The staff are amazing. Nothing is too much trouble and they are very on the ball which is refreshing.

SelfridgesOfficial, Customer Services at Selfridges, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your kind review.

We're so glad to hear that you enjoy visiting our San Carlo Fumo restaurant, and that the staff are always helpful when you visit.

We'll ensure that your kind feedback is passed over to the store.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Madi