Reviews (2 005)
2 005 results
All reviews lake view pillow spray resorts world genting arena birmingham nec trouser press shuttle bus reception staff car park business hotel close to the airport stayed here for one night good nights sleep following morning buffet style night's sleep full english
102 - 107 of 2 005 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I found this to be a poor quality example of a Crowne Plaza. Check in was slow, the room very dated and smelt of mould (from the shower curtain), the room was very small, had an empty mini fridge and not even any bottled water.
The temperature was far too hot, the air conditioning system did not work and the hotel staff admitted it was the source of many complaints.
The Ibis, closer to the airport, actually has similar sized rooms and facilities for much less. It looks like the owner has failed to invest in the hotel and it now shows.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Used the hotel, before an early morning flight and on the whole very impressed by the staff. and hotel
The young guy in the bar (Matt ?) was really friendly and helpful and was a good ambassador for the hotel.
We had a early morning flight and was very impressed by the night staff- I am afraid I did not get his name-, because of the time I organised an early morning call , (which happened as requested) and a couple of minutes later, we even got a knock on the door to check that we had responded to the wake up. This has never happened before and I thought was excellent. service.
In addition, when we were waiting for our taxi, which was delayed this guy made various calls to sort the matter.. Really good service.
Did not use the restaurant as we were able to eat locally in the shopping mall.
Room was Ok and it was not too noisy for an airport hotel.
It was a £10 taxi ride to and from the airport, which was reasonable.
I would have given 5 stars but at check in I asked for the taxi to be booked for the morning, but this was not acted upon. Luckily, before retiring for the night I went to check the taxi was booked to discover the error.. Had I not checked it could have been quite problematical

Room tip: Higher the better
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Booked parking and a stay on return, drop seemed all good, staff friendly, 10 mins walk to airport. Take keys with you after parking.

We were staying on return.

Arrived at hotel 02:50 am by Uber £10 from airport.

Check in guy's face said it all, seems they were full ! Another couple were just being told the same. We were asked to wait....chatted to another couple leaving @3am. Forward 35 mins, we were given the the just vacated room 102, by the couple we were talking to. It did appear to have been cleaned but was literally still warm.

We did have to wonder how or why they overbooked and what if the couple hadn't left ?? I expect better from IHG.

We asked for a free breakfast due to the waiting and it was offered as well as late checkout, so that's appreciated.

Finally got in bed about 3:35am, back awake by 5:45 am, room 102 faces directly to a loading bay, much banging and crashing from various HGVs , very noisy.

Add onto that guests leaving, doors banging, a good night's sleep we didn't get.

Breakfast is nice though, with pleasant staff.

Rooms well appointed and free WiFi.

Rating has to be poor though as been kept waiting at 3am us not acceptable and I expect a good night's sleep which we didn't get.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wazza99
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here prior to flying from Birmingham.
The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The hotel was well kept and staff very friendly.
The bar was a nice place to relax and watch the World Cup, and with the shopping mall next door it’s a great location to grab some food and last minute shop.
The room was pristine, and had a great night sleep.
Taxi company that the hotel booked on our behalf were very friendly also.
Great hotel will defiantly stay again

Date of stay: June 2018
Nikita Agrawal A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Luvi981,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and staff. We are very happy that the service you received was very friendly especially the reception staff.

We are very thankful for you comments regarding the room being clean and learning that you had a great nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kindest Regards,
Nikita Agrawal, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This will now be my go to hotel for the NEC / Birmingham Airport area -- so much better than the Hilton.

While the hotel does not offer a shuttle to/from the airport, the hotel is an easy walk through the NEC and takes about 10 / 15 minutes from the train station. It is 10-minute train journey to Birmingham.

The rooms are very clean and the bed is amazingly comfortable. I was really impressed with the powerful shower. It was a good size for an airport-type hotel.

It is a very short / safe walk to/from the Genting arena if you are attending a concert (I saw The Hollywood Vampires). There are lots of chain restaurant options in the area. There is a small convenience store in the mall next door. I didn’t eat or drink in the restaurant, so I am unable to comment.

The aircon could have been stronger for my taste, so I requested a fan from the hotel. You can also open the window if needed. There are phone/tablet charging points in the room, which is a nice touch.

Staff in the hotel were very friendly but the hotel was very busy during my stay and they were very slow. I also received contradictory advice from the staff regarding the price of breakfast, so while very sweet, they were also a bit clueless.

I had booked a pre-payment rate in a sale, so I think it was good value for my stay. I just wish that breakfast had been included.

I good solid 3 ½ stars.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wembleygal

Dear Wembleygal,

We are very happy with the feedback you have left, its lovely to hear of the many great aspects that you enjoyed during your stay including the room size, powerful shower and the food. We would like to thank you for sharing your preferences with us also.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kindest Regards,