Reviews (2 008)
2 008 results
All reviews lake view pillow spray resorts world genting arena birmingham nec trouser press shuttle bus reception staff car park business hotel close to the airport stayed here for one night good nights sleep following morning buffet style night's sleep full english
108 - 113 of 2 008 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here prior to flying from Birmingham.
The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The hotel was well kept and staff very friendly.
The bar was a nice place to relax and watch the World Cup, and with the shopping mall next door it’s a great location to grab some food and last minute shop.
The room was pristine, and had a great night sleep.
Taxi company that the hotel booked on our behalf were very friendly also.
Great hotel will defiantly stay again

Date of stay: June 2018
Nikita Agrawal A, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Luvi981,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and staff. We are very happy that the service you received was very friendly especially the reception staff.

We are very thankful for you comments regarding the room being clean and learning that you had a great nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

This will now be my go to hotel for the NEC / Birmingham Airport area -- so much better than the Hilton.

While the hotel does not offer a shuttle to/from the airport, the hotel is an easy walk through the NEC and takes about 10 / 15 minutes from the train station. It is 10-minute train journey to Birmingham.

The rooms are very clean and the bed is amazingly comfortable. I was really impressed with the powerful shower. It was a good size for an airport-type hotel.

It is a very short / safe walk to/from the Genting arena if you are attending a concert (I saw The Hollywood Vampires). There are lots of chain restaurant options in the area. There is a small convenience store in the mall next door. I didn’t eat or drink in the restaurant, so I am unable to comment.

The aircon could have been stronger for my taste, so I requested a fan from the hotel. You can also open the window if needed. There are phone/tablet charging points in the room, which is a nice touch.

Staff in the hotel were very friendly but the hotel was very busy during my stay and they were very slow. I also received contradictory advice from the staff regarding the price of breakfast, so while very sweet, they were also a bit clueless.

I had booked a pre-payment rate in a sale, so I think it was good value for my stay. I just wish that breakfast had been included.

I good solid 3 ½ stars.

2  Thank Wembleygal

Dear Wembleygal,

We are very happy with the feedback you have left, its lovely to hear of the many great aspects that you enjoyed during your stay including the room size, powerful shower and the food. We would like to thank you for sharing your preferences with us also.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Nikita Agawal, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We stayed one night for the Gardeners World show. It was an easy 25 min walk from the hotel
I would say its a standard Crowne Plaza, however, I wanted to mention the staff. All the staff we came into contact with were helpful and polite.
The breakfast team were particularly good. we were greeted and shown to a table by Vickie, who went above and beyond in my opinion, greeting every guest and also asking about their plans for the day and wishing them well. Plates were cleared immediately and the whole operation was very slick. This actually takes good management, and often goes unnoticed, but I have stayed in many hotels where this was poor
Well done Crowne Plaza staff Birmingham NEC

Room tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor with a view of the lake

Dear Tanya P,

We are delighted to receive your most recent feedback regarding your Crowne Plaza Experience, Your wonderful comments regarding your breakfast experience will be passed to the Restaurant Manager especially the service you received from Vicky. I will pass your lovely feedback to Vicky as i know she will be very encouraged by this. We are very happy that you also enjoyed the Gardeners World Show.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The location is brilliant for the NEC, its close to the airport and has plenty of facilities in the area. I attended a conference there. The room was hot despite supposed air conditioning. The facilities were fine, toilets were clean and easily accessed. The buffet lunch was average at best. Its position is what makes this place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Pathfinder617

Dear Pathfinder617,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that the location of the hotel is well suited to your travel purposes and you enjoyed your overall stay. Your comments regarding the room temperature will be passed to our Management Team. Your Feedback is extremely valued by us, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

After leaving my car here for 15nights during May/June returned to find my Tow Bar had been stolen from my car
We parked in front of camera in car park so when reported to hotel, providing crime reference number I would have expected them to resolve this (reimburse cost of replacement) but have been advised nothing they can do/not there responsibility!
There is nothing within the T&C around parking at own risk and this is a secure hotel car park
There are plenty of hotel & stay options so please choose somewhere else, last thing you need is the hassle when you return from holiday