Reviews (2 721)
2 721 results
All reviews harvey nichols mailbox car park mini bar mail box hotel bar hot breakfast afternoon tea club room standard room saturday night city centre bars and restaurants new street station lovely room full english stayed for one night comfy bed
27 - 32 of 2 721 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A great weekend at Malmaison Birmingham. A great location just a few minutes walk from New Street train station and the Bull Ring shopping centre. Surrounded by an assortment of great restaurants but do try the hotel restaurant which is fabulous!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Damian G, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear T9201RXgrahamb,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you and even more so, that you published your experience with Mal.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at Malmaison Birmingham.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arrival we had booked a superior double room and were advised we had been upgraded to a junior suite which was pleasant to hear.
The room for a suite had a great bedroom with a big very comfy bed, the lounge area was tastefully decorated, the bathroom however was not in keeping with the rest of the room. The tiles looked a bit dated, there was a small shower cubicle and a bath with no shower head and a small sink area. It was quiet in the evening so there was no outside noise.
We had booked breakfast to be included with our stay, which i had paid £30 for, that turned out to be the continental breakfast which was quite basic and disappointing. Although when we asked we had the opportunity to upgrade to a Full English Breakfast for £2 each, which we did. Although as i thought the Brasserie as thought to be a good quality restaurant the breakfast did not inspire us. it was edible, but it was just okay, nothing special and it was bought out on a plate to you rather than you having the option of choosing.
There is parking in The Mailbox car park right next to the hotel, but we did notice there were no spaces in the day we were leaving which could have been frustrating if you had just arrived. it was a bit pricey £17.50 for 24 hours but it was safe and secure, and a lot cheaper than parking at the Bull Ring shopping centre.
So overall I probably would stay there again, but it wasn't quite the quality I was expecting.

Dear R2613lAnataliem,

Thank you for letting us know that you had a great stay.

I am pleased to hear that you liked the room and I have forwarded your comments to the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for our anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Check in was easy and quick, we arrived just after 3 and our room was ready for us.
The room was spacious and clean. It was high up in the hotel and really pleasant.

Dinner in the restaurant was super and just what we wanted for a celebratory meal, I would absolutely recommend the restaurant if you would like some wonderful food whilst in Birmingham.

The staff in the restaurant for dinner were lovely and efficient and all were very professional and smart.

Breakfast was a tad disappointing as the staff seemed unhappy to be there.

I cannot commend enough Danielle who was on the desk when we checked out, she could not have done any more for us and she was a joy to speak too.

Dear DuoTravel123,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

It was really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right! I will be sure that the team is thanked for making your stay so enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for one night recently and was greeted well on reception. Our room was very nice but breakfast as mentioned in other reviews was disappointing. I'm surprised you are asked to pay £3.00 more to upgrade for a full english. We were at the end of breakfast being served. The staff were not particularly welcoming, we waited a while to be seated. We asked twice for glasses for orange juice and then the girl said do you want to upgrade as we are nearly finished - all round not a great experience to finish my partners birthday celebrations.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Damian G, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LadyDinerCoventry,

Thanks for the review of your stay with us at Mal Birmingham.

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.

If we can tempt you back to stay with us again I am sure that we can prove to you that we are capable of better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arrival at the hotel we were a little disappointed by the less than welcoming attitude of the Reception staff and the facilities in the room (a Double Club), but the problems only really started on the second night when the shower failed to drain and the bathroom became flooded.

We were advised that we could use the showers in the gym, that they would put down towels in the flooded bathroom so that we could use the toilet, that there were no alternative rooms available "we are fully booked" and that we could have 30 percent off. We explained that this was unacceptable from such a highly rated hotel and after some wrangling were offered an alternative room.

The alternative room was dated and not as nice as the room that we'd had and there were no apologies or offers of compensation for inconvenience on our check-out.

While there aren't many nice hotels in Birmingham we definitely won't be returning to the Malmaison.

Room Tip: Bit of a party hotel - would avoid both second and fifth floors at the weekend.

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us and can only apologise for the issues you encountered. We receive so many compliments about the friendliness of our staff therefore I am shocked to read your comments.

The manager who dealt with your complaint was under the impression hat you were satisfied with the resolution so I am disappointed to hear that this was not the case.