All reviews hot tub steam room naturist hotel plunge pool couples weekend owner tim heated stone sun loungers my wife and i have just other guests fantastic weekend excellent facilities lounge area comfortable rooms small room wet room two night stay
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Well it was my birthday and the other half suggested a trip to Clover Spa, which we had contemplated for ages so seemed like the perfect opportunity.
From the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly and when we were shown to our room it had been decorated with balloons and banners wishing me a happy birthday. After dumping our stuff in the room we headed straight for the spa and the weight of the world started to drift away immediately.
I really don't know where to start, the room was absolutely gorgeous, it was a luxury room, worth paying the bit extra for. Larger room, armchairs lovely bay window, and the place is absolutely spotless.
the bed was massive with fantastic linen, lovely pillows and wow what a great nights (2 nights) sleep.
the spa area has everything you need to keep you occupied, steam room, sauna, plunge pool, hot stone beds, a change of towels as often as you want and then just outside the door in the garden a nice large, and very hot, Hot Tub where we spent lots of time.
beautifully manicured gardens, very private and we were lucky to have lots of sun on Saturday which gave us a few hours sunbathing.
we met lots of lovely friendly people and enjoyed some great value snacks and drinks in the licensed bar.
the ambience was really warm, cosy and very relaxing and when we decided to treat ourselves to a nice aromatherapy massage we were so glad we did, great treatments and as with all the rest of the staff, the girls giving the treatments were really warm and friendly.
we popped out on the 2 evenings for a meal and only had to walk 5 minutes to find a great array of choices for food, but if you didn't want to leave the hotel they served a really good range of good value meals, we just fancied a little break from spoiling ourselves in the spa otherwise would not have left lol.
The bar area is a little dated and tired and we had a lovely chat with Tim the owner who informed us he is hoping to change this area in the near future. just needs some nice soft furnishings and maybe subdued lighting in the evening. simple little things that will make this area as excellent as the rest of the place.
in summary, WOW WOW WOW, lovely relaxed atmosphere, warm friendly efficient staff who really can't do enough for you. always someone there to help you enjoy your stay. Great owner, and fabulous premises and facilities.
we love this place and will definitely be back soon.

1  Thank fatboy4afatboy
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

WOW WOW WOW, thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are all delighted that you loved Clover Spa and had a fabulous birthday treat. We look forward to seeing you again and I appreciate the subtle pressure you have put on me to get on with renewing the soft furnishings and lighting!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic place, welcoming, clean lovely staff and great food. The spa facilities are adequate with two treatment rooms. The full body massage we had was amazing.

Nothing is too much trouble it really is like home from home.

I would highly recommend, we will be returning soon!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Passport565447
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review, it was a great weekend and nice to see new people discovering the joys of Clover Spa. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Having read the rave reviews & previously owning a Guest House for 15 years I was sceptical as to what I would find at Clover Spa. Well there was absolutely no cause for my concern! Tim & his staff have created this piece of paradise for naturists pleasure & wanna be naturists to explore & he has got the receipt right!
Having spent 2 rejuvenating days there I was in no ways disappointed!
A warm welcoming greeting on my arrival before being shown to my room & the Spa’s facilities.
As I was on my own I opted for one of the smaller of the 7 rooms which was well appointed with view over the garden. It was heated & carpeted.......there was a comfortable Double bed....deluxe white linen, pillows & bath sheets.....a large Multichannel TV…..ad lib coffee tea & biscuits. En-suite wet room style shower with toiletries provided.
The friendliness generated by the staff permeates through to the hotel guests, regular members & day visitors who together embrace so many different walks of life.
As for the Spa itself there is a sauna, steam room, one-person cold pool, heated relaxation beds & an outside hot tub…….complimented by the beautiful garden with plenty of sun loungers tables & chairs. What really impressed me was the attention to detail......in the Spa area complimentary shampoo soaps deodorants & even sun creams...............
I had an excellent one-hour Swedish massage – a must during one’s stay.
The cafe/bar area is licensed & the food is good & an excellent breakfast was provided. Therefore I found no need to frequent any of the restaurants which are within walking distance so didn’t venture out of the Hotel/Spa complex at any time during my stay. Off street parking for six cars in this desirable neighbourhood. Complimentary WiFi throughout.
As for any controversy surrounding this naturist establishment where the friendliness of people with a common desire to strip off meet……. My conclusion don’t knock it till you have tried it, put convention aside & spend time with nature without any airs & graces.......with down to earth real people!
Summing up…….this inexpensive Hotel/Spa over delivers in every way possible & is refreshingly different to the boring 5 star establishments I have visited in the past. If I could grade this review 6 stars I would!
Thank you Tim & co & I look forward to visiting you again upon my return to England next summer.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 285DavidF
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

It was our pleasure to meet you on your first visit and of course we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Your thorough review, coming from a guest with much hotel experience themselves is most welcome and I'm sure that many people reading this review and considering a first time visit or clothes optional experience will be reassured that we are a quality, respectful and great place to try.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

It was my first time at a spa, I wondered how it would be as after all of you feel uneasy on a beach there's space to move away. I needn't of bothered, very welcoming staff it's all just so natural, no judgements or attitudes just friendly normal chat. I was shown around and shown to my room. I had a small room but if that's a small room I guess I can bring a bowls mat of I return to a bigger room! I'm used to b&b standards and to be fair b&b prices, but as the title says the quality shows! Immaculately clean room, magazines in the room, good range on the tea tray and fantastic wet room. So down to the spa, the equipment is first rate hottest sauna I've encountered (so I spent time in the steam room!). I had a massage booked, my first one ever, I did inform the massage therapist this as respect works both ways and I didn't want to break any etiquette or anything. I needn't of worried as everything else it's a relaxed atmosphere and everyone just does they're job with no sense of fuss. The bar area is a pleasant place to just relax and read but I'm someone who feels the heat so personally would prefer the area a bit cooler. The food was great, reasonably priced, freshly cooked and decent portions too. The staff are very attentive, asking if you want another drink etc without being pushy. My room overlooked the hot tub so as people were in there until midnight I had to have my window shut as although only talking it does carry as the back of the building is quiet. I think all the steam room visits and the massage relaxed me so much I slept brilliantly I did wake in the night and thought it must be about 8 I felt so good- I was hours out! Breakfast is great and your bill fully itemised with the items charged to you over your stay- no worries of cash to pay as you go along!
To be fair I didn't like Birmingham (too big and spread out for me) but I did like escaping it and getting to Clover!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gappygrin
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you so much for your detailed review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and of course we look forward to seeing you again. I’m sure prospective guests will appreciate this review, thank you

Reviewed 19 August 2018

upon arrival, i was looking out for a hotel. but its more a double house and extended at the back with amazing facilities,on this visit i didn't use any, 1st time at a naturist spa, but in time when i am ready..

the rooms were amazing and i got a view of the main road. nosy moments but shutting the window 2 sleep became warm simply from the heat from downstairs a double sunua.

the food was top class even better than going for a pub meal fresh home cooked.. breakfast lovely, the soft drinks large glasses very cheap..oh and asked for ice due to a medical condition me and bucket full in bed cold drinks wasnt a problem for the staff to supply.

the staff are so so friendly and amazing lovely. lisa martin owner tim the other girl totally forget her name. oh yea and the gardener. always around and chat to you when possible. as some guest arrival alone, or simply dont want to mingle with other guests doing own thing.

only annoying thing is contently being asked what time returning if going out..i felt like i was at home still.. maybe they could ask the guest to write in a drop box at respection if eating in or out..so they can see how much food to make.which is understandable being a small bisnuess.

Room tip: 5 bets it every time
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Suzanne D
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for your great rating and review, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your first time visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.