“Great Birthday meal - lovely food and good service”
Review of Zizzi - Birmingham

Zizzi - Birmingham
Ranked #256 of 2 498 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.The beautiful refurbishment of the Royal Mail's main sorting office (hence the Mailbox name) has produced a premier shopping destination in the heart of Birmingham. And inside you’ll find our Birmingham Zizzi. Our restaurant is split into 2 main areas. Our raised floor area is great for large tables or parties with some funky light fittings to get into the party mood. And in contrast, the lower area (towards the large windows), draws more on the canal and outdoor theme, with large floating cloud-like light fittings hanging lazily overhead for a more relaxed vibe. With outdoor seating for sunny day dining and only a stone’s throw from the city centre’s attractions our restaurant in the Mailbox is the perfect way to end your day out. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We visited to celebrate a birthday and couldn't have been happier with our experience.

We shared cheesy garlic bread and little soul breads for a started - the garlic bread was some of the nicest we've tasted. We all had different mains - the seabass verde was particularly nice. All of the desserts were lovely too, the sticky chocolate and praline torte was delicious.

The waitress was friendly and efficient and the atmosphere was lively for a Monday night. A great meal was had by all.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the pizza was pretty good overall..... the rest of the meal however was not close to par. The prawns must have been previously frozen or they were just bad as the smell coming from them scared me. I live where there is fresh seafood and this did not smell fresh! Also the calamari were perfectly symmetrical which also leads me to believe it's frozen... last but not the least was the chili cheese garlic bread..... the way I read this description made me think the dough was infused with chili pepper and this would be an amazing little treat covered in garlic and cheese... wrong, this was pizza dough sprinkled with chili flakes, light light cheese and garlic... mainly just dough.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We popped in on a beautiful sunny afternoon and sat on the balcony overlooking the canal and watching the world go by. My partner had the meaty calzone which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had the fritto misto which was light and tasty. The only disappointment was that my glass of prosecco seemed very light ! I’m normally a , my glass is always half full kind of girl but in this case it seemed half empty!
I did question it but it was slightly topped up begrudgingly and told that was the measure!
Perhaps smaller glasses might solve the perception problem!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The food is very good and well priced. The best items though is the pizza as you have many options to prepare it. Prices are quite reasonable and the service is efficient. Great place to go for a quick meal with a large group.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My first time in a Zizzis' it did not disappoint. Truffle honey goats cheese to start, spot on, what a great dish. Crab cannaloni for main which was great and a good sized portion. Both off the specials menu so I don't know how long it will be before they are taken off. My advice. Pay them a visit before it does. Great location by the canal very reasonable prices. Although we did pay through tesco points so only the wine for us.